Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hang on. Olly G had better per 90 min stats that Alexis. 0.89 - 0.67 goals, 0.22

Hang on. Olly G had better per 90 min stats that Alexis. 0.89 - 0.67 goals, 0.22

0.28 assists.

So 1.11 for Olly (goals + assists) and 0.95 for Alexis.

{Welbz 0.24 each and Feo 0.47 goals and 0.09 assists.}

We shouldn't let him go. I wish I got footy - why he can't do this when he plays 90 mins. Didn't ManU have some **** that did that off the bench all the time in the '90s?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    0.28 assists.

We shouldn't let him go. I wish I got footy - why he can't do this when he plays 90 mins. Didn't ManU have some **** that did that off the bench all the time in the '90s?
    A player labelled a super sub after the last season because of his ability to come on and grab a goal scores more goals per minute than someone who played pretty much every minute of every game. **** me, HOLD THE BACK PAGES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    0.28 assists.

We wish you got football too, gg. Why is so difficult to work out that a player coming on late in the game against tiring defences might have a bit more chance than the guy who's spent the 70-75 minutes running them into the ground

Didn't ManU have some **** that did that off the bench all the time in the '90s?
    Solskjaer?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We wish you got football too, gg. Why is so difficult to work out that a player coming on late in the game against tiring defences might have a bit more chance than the guy who's spent the 70-75 minutes running them into the ground
    And you normally bring on a striker when you need a goal... so obviously you will be more attacking than previously, so a sub having good statistics isn't that bigger shock
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Also.... you could just watch both players playing and ignore the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    And you normally bring on a striker when you need a goal... so obviously you will be more attacking than previously, so a sub having good statistics isn't that bigger shock

Play Giroud over longer periods and more frequently and his many deficiencies come to the fore and supporter’s frustrations with the player are vented.

See also Welbeck, his injury absences allow him to appear a breath of fresh air, play him over an entire season and his inefficiency in front of goal becomes annoying.

I see them as footballing Big Macs, once in a while and you think they are nice, every day and you soon tire of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Play Giroud over longer periods and more frequently and his many deficiencies come to the fore and supporter’s frustrations with the player are vented.

See also Welbeck, his injury absences allow him to appear a breath of fresh air, play him over an entire season and his inefficiency in front of goal becomes annoying.

I see them as footballing Big Macs, once in a while and you think they are nice, every day and you soon tire of them.
    Nice analogy, sw

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Solskjaer?
    Known to United fans as the baby-faced assassin, known to everyone else as a ****ing hateful cheating little cünt (and failed Cardiff manager)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Not necessarily. Many substitutions are made with a nod to the terms of said player's contract; appearance bonuses and whatnot. Of course, they usually make just enough footballistic sense so nobody ever makes the connection.

Actually, one of my bugbears is when you bring on a forward at 2-0 up near the end. I'm thinking "Great!", he can score a hatrick against a tiring defence now and boost his Golden Boot chances. But he barely gets to touch the ball because his team mates have packed it in, thinking the game is done. The striker then gets it for "failing to make an impact" :fuming:
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."