Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dishes you never find in Indian restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Keema matar
    Lal Maas

Why don't they serve the good stuff? Chicken tikka masala my árse.
    My local takeaway does Lal Maas.

I think you'll find that most of these lads speak Bengali.
    True. 90% are Bangladeshi and I think a massive percentage of them are from Sylhet.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    My local takeaway does Lal Maas.
    One assumes this is your dish of choice, sw?

Keema matar
    Lal Maas

Low fat, "free from" and other such *******s.

Thankfully.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

One assumes this is your dish of choice, sw?
    Yes I have had in the past as I seem to recall it being labelled as hot which would be in line with my tastes in said cuisine.

Now we are talking Dublin 16 here so in all likelihood it is probably far from being really authentic and perhaps even not a direct version of the meal a man of your travels and taste may expect.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Yes I have had in the past as I seem to recall it being labelled as hot which would be in line with my tastes in said cuisine.

Now we are talking Dublin 16 here so in all likelihood it is probably far from being really authentic and perhaps even not a direct version of the meal a man of your travels and taste may expect.
    A waiter in Jaipur once advised me that I couldn't have it because it would be 'too spicey' for my honky ass. Eventually he was persuaded to bring it forth, and I ate it under the wondering gaze of half the kitchen staff who gathered at the door to watch my head burst into flames.

In truth it was a little uncomfortable. Akin to dining on liquid fire. Not that I let them see that. :winning: :tigerblood:

A waiter in Jaipur once advised me that I couldn't have it because it would be 'too spicey' for my honky ass. Eventually he was persuaded to bring it forth, and I ate it under the wondering gaze of half the kitchen staff who gathered at the door to watch my head burst into flames.

In truth it was a little uncomfortable. Akin to dining on liquid fire. Not that I let them see that. :winning: :tigerblood:
    Well quite, the correct behaviour here is to simply ask the waiter to rustle you up another one and to bring 3 lagers.

Keema matar
    Lal Maas

Keema Matar is lovely. Although it does have the disconcerting appearance of dog vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Keema Matar is lovely. Although it does have the disconcerting appearance of dog vomit.
    I made it last night. Leftovers for lunch. The look has moved on overnight, from vomit to a sort of grey diarrhea.

No hope of making lal maas, sadly. Can't get the chillis. Or the mutton.

I made it last night. Leftovers for lunch. The look has moved on overnight, from vomit to a sort of grey diarrhea.

No hope of making lal maas, sadly. Can't get the chillis. Or the mutton.
    I firmly believe that trying to recreate the full wonder of Indian food at home to be a waste of time. While one will prepare a perfectly nice meal, it is never really on the button.

Quite simply it is food to be delivered or eaten on the premises.