Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dishes you never find in Indian restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I firmly believe that trying to recreate the full wonder of Indian food at home to be a waste of time. While one will prepare a perfectly nice meal, it is never really on the button.

Quite simply it is food to be delivered or eaten on the premises.

I have never had a shop bought Indian better than one I have made at home. The only exceptions are dosa and making naan bread. I can never keep the tandoor hot enough for long enough for the naan bread..
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I have never had a shop bought Indian better than one I have made at home. The only exceptions are dosa and making naan bread. I can never keep the tandoor hot enough for long enough for the naan bread..
    Wait, you have a tandoor?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wait, you have a tandoor?
    Built one about 25 years ago. It lives in a regular Top Cat style trash can. On it's last legs now so will have to dig up more clay to rebuild shortly. Pizza oven comes first though.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Built one about 25 years ago. It lives in a regular Top Cat style trash can. On it's last legs now so will have to dig up more clay to rebuild shortly. Pizza oven comes first though.
    You are a culinary adventurer, a. I doff my cap to you :chapeau:

Clearly when I spoke earlier about the inability of a home cook to reproduce Indian food I was not including stone mad lunatics.

I also have a Tandoor. Do I win £5?

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    I also have a Tandoor. Do I win £5?
    Did you buy the tandoor or make the tandoor?

Bought directly from India by Mrs Insider. Via the internet. It is the dog's.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Bought directly from India by Mrs Insider. Via the internet. It is the dog's.....
    My word. I'm off to order one RIGHT NOW!

Wait, would that be cultural appropriation?

All you need to make Indian food as goos as in most of their restaurants is to buy Camelia Panjabi's 50 Great Curries of India and followe the recipes faithfully.