Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I rather enjoyed Chile v Portugal last night.

I rather enjoyed Chile v Portugal last night.

Quite entertaining for a 0-0.

Neither side were actually very good, though. Each gave the other lots of lovely room to play in, but neither was competent enough to take advantage.

Alexis just loves to give the ball away, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Neither side were actually very good, though. Each gave the other lots of lovely room to play in, but neither was competent enough to take advantage.

Possession is an old fashioned concept these days. Modern teams are more dangerous when they don't have the ball so a player like Sanchez is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Modern teams are more dangerous when they don't have the ball
    Only rubbish modern teams like Leicester City though surely?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yes, one is forced to wonder what Bayern Munich and Manchester City see in him.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, one is forced to wonder what Bayern Munich and Manchester City see in him.
    Didn't Pep sack him off out of Barcelona? And now he's mad to have him back?

Not Pep, I think. That was a couple of managers later.

I am not sure Pep “sacked” him as you so crudely put it.

Sanchez chose to leave I seem to recall based on largely being in and out of the team, a bit part player if you like, always in the shadow of Messi and Neymar and soon to be further marginalised by the arrival of Suarez.

Your view of events is shoddy. Are you a journalist by chance? Are you already drunk??
    Last edited by SWv2; 06-29-2017 at 09:36 AM.

No - he (Pep) had left Barca by then...I think what people are referring to with Pep/Alexis is Pep's perceived reluctance to play him when he was boss?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Only rubbish modern teams like Leicester City though surely?
    Its all about transitions for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    No - he (Pep) had left Barca by then...I think what people are referring to with Pep/Alexis is Pep's perceived reluctance to play him when he was boss?
    Played 39 times in the one season he played under him - was injured a lot though