Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I know it's the Beeb but I'll ask anyway:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He is usually trustworthy, apparently, but on this occasion he is misinformed.

Lacazette, Lemar and Mbappe all in the bag, according to my sauce :ITK:
    My word. If all that's true then Wenger must've finally flipped His lid #fourth
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    My word. If all that's true then Wenger must've finally flipped His lid #fourth
    Don't forget that Sir C is a muddled old goat who is currently looking forward to seeing Charlie George play again next season, anything he says must be taken with a pinch of salt
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Is somebody called David Ornstein a reliable transfer news source? Says we're haggling for Lacazette.
    So do many other news outlets. I am not expert in how this works but isn't there a good chance they are either copying each other or they all got it from the same source?

Is he any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Is he any good?
    Good enough for us.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Good enough for us.
    Well put. That's exactly the right way to look at it, imo, the way things are.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Well put. That's exactly the right way to look at it, imo, the way things are.
    Isn't the point of paying good money for players to raise the standard of what 'good enough for us' means?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Isn't the point of paying good money for players to raise the standard of what 'good enough for us' means?
    Well, yes. And, no.

I reckon if a player is good enough for us to offer a hundred million quid for him, then the player probably feels he is good enough to be playing for Real Madrid. But now that everybody believes we have a hundred million quid to spend, that will also be the price for almost anyone else we want, who, of course, may or not be actually good enough for us. Either way, we are forced to look elsewhere, for worse.

Hence: Danny Welbeck, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Good enough for us.
    Not for Didier, though. The one we've already got is better, he thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not for Didier, though. The one we've already got is better, he thinks.
    Or maybe more suited to the style of football he wants to play

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Or maybe more suited to the style of football he wants to play
    he likes to draw things out so that the statue of limitations* comes into play.

* I owe you a royalty for that one.