Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what do we suppose would happen if there was a GE in the next, say, 6-12 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Was/is your opposition to JC based on his political position or his supposed poor leadership? I know some labourites just want to be in power, so Toniblair and his deals with the City and courting of the media was seen by some as the way to go.

Yet Corbyn delivered the biggest share of the vote for 40 years bar '97, (when Blair had strong media support) and the biggest % swing since 1945. All this while getting slammed constantly in the media and by his own party. Do you give him any credit for this?

And if his Labour Party are cementing themselves as the new party of the urban middle-class, with growing youth support, why would they not be candidates for power?

Apologies for all the questions. Just curious.
    I want an effective Labour Party that can deliver an election win. My personal preference would be for it to be as left wing as it can afford to be but I appreciate why the Labour Party was created and a centre ground government is fine by me. Anything that keeps the Tories out will do.

I didn’t believe Corbyn was capable of doing that and it turns out he wasn’t.

However, he did a hell of a lot better than I expected and will be here to fight the next one. He still doesn’t convince me as a party leader but clearly his style has struck the right note with some voters. I was also pleased to see him come out with cynical electioneering by promising to scrap tuition fees. You have to be prepared to bribe the voters if you want to win- look at Cameron

Despite my own lack of faith in him I would love to see him deliver a win. I would have serious concerns about him as Prime Minister but it is worth the risk. If you look at the incompetent buffoon in the job at the moment you could hardly do worse.

You can back Labour at Even money with Ladbrokes and Tories at 11/10 with Hills in their most seats market for......

Freeeeeeeeeeeereeeee Moneeeeeeeeeeeeerreey

Whether you want to have that much cash tied up for so long is another question

Btw...what's up with the Catalan Referendum...Barcelona are heavy favourites.

If it happens would messi be given the option to play for them like Xhaka got the option to play for Kosovo even though he represented Switzerland?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I want an effective Labour Party that can deliver an election win. My personal preference would be for it to be as left wing as it can afford to be but I appreciate why the Labour Party was created and a centre ground government is fine by me. Anything that keeps the Tories out will do.

I didn’t believe Corbyn was capable of doing that and it turns out he wasn’t.

However, he did a hell of a lot better than I expected and will be here to fight the next one. He still doesn’t convince me as a party leader but clearly his style has struck the right note with some voters. I was also pleased to see him come out with cynical electioneering by promising to scrap tuition fees. You have to be prepared to bribe the voters if you want to win- look at Cameron

Despite my own lack of faith in him I would love to see him deliver a win. I would have serious concerns about him as Prime Minister but it is worth the risk. If you look at the incompetent buffoon in the job at the moment you could hardly do worse.
    I saw Corbyn address the masses at Glastonbury the other day. He is certainly enjoying his moment of defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I saw Corbyn address the masses at Glastonbury the other day. He is certainly enjoying his moment of defeat.
    Certainly more entertaining than Radiohead

He lost, but he has the momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Certainly more entertaining than Radiohead
    I expect a Radiohead fan would suggest you simply did not understand their performance.

For the record nor did I.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Since nobody could forecast what happened last time.......
    Well, Monty did for a start. At least, he had his suspicions.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I expect a Radiohead fan would suggest you simply did not understand their performance.

For the record nor did I.
    I don't understand astrophysics but I know it isn't my idea of a Friday night