Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what do we suppose would happen if there was a GE in the next, say, 6-12 months?

So what do we suppose would happen if there was a GE in the next, say, 6-12 months?

Is it a given at this point that Labour would at least be in a position to form a minority government?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Is it a given at this point that Labour would gain a majority?
    They will if May follows Trump blundering towards major conflict in Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Would you vote for them again?

Is it a given at this point that Labour would at least be in a position to form a minority government?
    Since nobody could forecast what happened last time....... The only reason an election is called is if May ****s up and loses an important vote, that means she is also unlikely to be leader of the Tory party, so too many unknowns to even guess
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Can we judge May in May?

Would you vote for them again?
    I would be open to the possibility. I definitely would vote for Jez again in the scenario I described.

May be. May be.

I suspect that many people will have shít themselves when they realised just how close their protest vote came tro electing that shower of shíte, and will gratefully revert to voting Tory despite the nonsense May has managed to make of things.

On the other hand, voting doesn't appear to be based on reason at the moment, does it, so who can say?

No, not remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No, not remotely.
    Was/is your opposition to JC based on his political position or his supposed poor leadership? I know some labourites just want to be in power, so Toniblair and his deals with the City and courting of the media was seen by some as the way to go.

Yet Corbyn delivered the biggest share of the vote for 40 years bar '97, (when Blair had strong media support) and the biggest % swing since 1945. All this while getting slammed constantly in the media and by his own party. Do you give him any credit for this?

And if his Labour Party are cementing themselves as the new party of the urban middle-class, with growing youth support, why would they not be candidates for power?

Apologies for all the questions. Just curious.