Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
I don't see the link between Lacazette and Sanchez to be honest. Both can play in the same team and play in different positions. Wenger clearly doesn't rate Giroud highly enough to play him every week, otherwise he wouldn't have picked Danny ****ing Welbeck ahead of him so i don't see us going into the new season with those two as our main striker options even if Sanchez stays. As for what they valued him at last year compared to this, we do have about £40m extra to play with this summer and one of our signings came on a free, so i imagine there's around £100m or so in the budget and they'll probably sign two more players. Last year £100m had to go on a centre back, centre mid and a striker so that might have been why they didn't want to stump up £50m+ for Lacazette.

Just a theory of course. Nobody really knows.
You know as well as I do that the fact we may have an extra 40m or whatever means nothing when it comes to Arsenal. That 40m would sit very nicely in the bank.

You correctly point out that none of us know what is going to happen. I myself simply don’t see Wenger as the 50m-60m striker type, much more suited to cheaper options, last summer for example with Vardy and ultimately Perez.

He will see Sanchez, Giroud, Walcott and Welbeck as options. Now two of them leave and things change.