Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How long before the new season starts

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    ..whiny phuckers..".
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He's been trying to get a proper centre-forward for years, you know.

https://arseblog.com/2017/06/striker-it-lucky/

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    He's been trying to get a proper centre-forward for years, you know.

https://arseblog.com/2017/06/striker-it-lucky/
    Well, obviously. We just couldn't really afford to buy a proper one from the transfer market barrel and never got lucky with a suitable one falling off the London Colney academy tree.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Well, obviously. We just couldn't really afford to buy a proper one from the transfer market barrel and never got lucky with a suitable one falling off the London Colney academy tree.
    Should have signed Higuain at the time. Silly.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Should have signed Higuain at the time. Silly.
    But understandable that we didn't; massive risk, if money is an issue.

Özil Made far more sense, from that point of view. There's about a million times less pressure on fanny-dancing fairies than there is on talisman goalscorers.

But understandable that we didn't; massive risk, if money is an issue.

Özil Made far more sense, from that point of view. There's about a million times less pressure on fanny-dancing fairies than there is on talisman goalscorers.
    I think he ended up costing Napoli the same as we offered Liverpool for Suarez so money alone was not the issue. We felt wronged by RM putting up the price. Sometimes in (modern) football you just have to pay up.

I can’t even remember which one of our list of strikers we made do with at the time. Giroud?

I didn't know you were a woman.

.. you just have to pay up.
    No, you bloody don't! You go without or you make do with what you have or you get something else.

Just have to pay up indeed. No wonder the world is in such a mess

No, you bloody don't! You go without or you make do with what you have or you get something else.

Selective quoting there R. As I said in the original post "Sometimes in (modern) football you just have to pay up.

Now, don't make me kill you.

Quite right, r. SW is one of these spoilt youngsters who is very good at spending other people's money

Selective quoting there R. As I said in the original post "Sometimes in (modern) football you just have to pay up.

Now, don't make me kill you.
    Alright. Yes, selective, I admit it. But the point is, you never have to just pay up. Never.

And please don't kill me.