Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How long before the new season starts

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A lot will be going. So many that I expect we have to keep Theon just to keep up the homegrown quota in the squard.

Debuchy, Blenkinsop, Gibbs, Wilshere, Perez, Alexis, Giroud, Elneny, Campbell, Sanogo. Ox

Not adding Ozil to that bucket list?

I'd have thought he'd be desperate to get away from Monty
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    You think Giroud will want to stay with Lacazette coming here?
    Maybe not but I don't think AW will really want to sell him.

I’m not sure Lacazette is as clear cut as the media may have us believing. Their chairman is an awkward bugger to deal with and at some point AW will walk away on the basis of his valuation being exceeded.

Suppose it all depends on the lad Sanchez going or staying, we would not pony the money for Lacazette last summer so to now go an extra 10m-20m seems odd though our needs may have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Not adding Ozil to that bucket list?

I'd have thought he'd be desperate to get away from Monty
    When Monty says he lives next to Ozil does that really mean he lives next to him if you get in the car and drive for 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Maybe not but I don't think AW will really want to sell him.

I’m not sure Lacazette is as clear cut as the media may have us believing. Their chairman is an awkward bugger to deal with and at some point AW will walk away on the basis of his valuation being exceeded.

Suppose it all depends on the lad Sanchez going or staying, we would not pony the money for Lacazette last summer so to now go an extra 10m-20m seems odd though our needs may have changed.
    I don't see the link between Lacazette and Sanchez to be honest. Both can play in the same team and play in different positions. Wenger clearly doesn't rate Giroud highly enough to play him every week, otherwise he wouldn't have picked Danny ****ing Welbeck ahead of him so i don't see us going into the new season with those two as our main striker options even if Sanchez stays. As for what they valued him at last year compared to this, we do have about £40m extra to play with this summer and one of our signings came on a free, so i imagine there's around £100m or so in the budget and they'll probably sign two more players. Last year £100m had to go on a centre back, centre mid and a striker so that might have been why they didn't want to stump up £50m+ for Lacazette.

Just a theory of course. Nobody really knows.

I don't see the link between Lacazette and Sanchez to be honest. Both can play in the same team and play in different positions. Wenger clearly doesn't rate Giroud highly enough to play him every week, otherwise he wouldn't have picked Danny ****ing Welbeck ahead of him so i don't see us going into the new season with those two as our main striker options even if Sanchez stays. As for what they valued him at last year compared to this, we do have about £40m extra to play with this summer and one of our signings came on a free, so i imagine there's around £100m or so in the budget and they'll probably sign two more players. Last year £100m had to go on a centre back, centre mid and a striker so that might have been why they didn't want to stump up £50m+ for Lacazette.

You know as well as I do that the fact we may have an extra 40m or whatever means nothing when it comes to Arsenal. That 40m would sit very nicely in the bank.

You correctly point out that none of us know what is going to happen. I myself simply don’t see Wenger as the 50m-60m striker type, much more suited to cheaper options, last summer for example with Vardy and ultimately Perez.

He will see Sanchez, Giroud, Walcott and Welbeck as options. Now two of them leave and things change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    When Monty says he lives next to Ozil does that really mean he lives next to him if you get in the car and drive for 10 minutes.

That Monty nose where Ozil may live should set off alarm bells?
    Last edited by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez; 06-27-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    No, Ozil really does live a few minutes walk from Monty. On the same road. Obviously one lives in a mansion with sports cars outside and the other lives in an ex-council flat with a fiat panda.

Quote Originally Posted by pat vegas View Post

I miss moaning about arsenal.
    Wenger aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhtt!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

A reasonable theory. It looks like Perez was "Oh god I have to pretend to sign a striker just to shut these whiny phuckers up". Obviously we don't see him in training and so on but the way he was shunned despite making a contribution when he did play looked like a classic Wenger freeze-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A reasonable theory. It looks like Perez was "Oh god I have to pretend to sign a striker just to shut these whiny phuckers up". Obviously we don't see him in training and so on but the way he was shunned despite making a contribution when he did play looked like a classic Wenger freeze-out.
    I have always categorized Welbeck as such also.