Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's a good area for an office in London? has to be full of hipsters. If any of you

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Okay, I have in fact been to Shoreditch. The location near Bethnal Green? That, while indeed hip and so forth, seemed a little too hyped. It was cool, and was in fact similar to the place I'm thinking of, Los Feliz. Well, not Los Feliz but Silverlake, maybe shading towards Echo Park.

I like for things to a bit more chill. And, don't get me wrong, it's important to have one or two drug dealers hanging around. They're the only thing that keeps the rents down.

Went to the Soho House in Shoreditch, which, although cheesy as fvck, still was the sort of place I might favor.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    When you lived in Islington I presume both Hoxton and Shoreditch were crap, shíthouses to use the Estate Agent lexicon.

I worked in the Old Street area initially from 88-94 and it was a relative kip, you would be into work and back out straight after. The road out via Hoxton and other areas such as Dalston would be used merely as an escape route.

Shoreditch existed, but it did not exist, if that makes sense. I went to a Club Dog event once in Shoreditch Town Hall, perhaps the only time my social circle and I gave the area our much coveted stamp of approval.

Now it is cool. As I visited recently with my family I was amazed at its reinvention. All beards and food served on anything other than a plate. In summary wall to wall ****s, but they appeared to be enjoying themselves so good luck to them.
    ahem...... my family lived happily for centuries in that '****house'.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Go figure!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    All of them? I had an ancestor or two who lived in and around Hoxton but generally they were spread around a bit more. Though I have read accounts of people who literally never left Hoxton all their lives.

As for happily, I don't know how you can be sure of that tbh. Centuries is a long time to be happy in places that were somewhat troubled from time to time, as a glance at the Charles Booth map will reveal. Especially the Old Nichol.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Went to the Soho House in Shoreditch, which, although cheesy as fvck, still was the sort of place I might favor.
    Phuck Soho House, mate. That group has overstretched itself imo with ridiculous growth and insane debts. You wanna be joining this place: http://www.thehospitalclub.com/

Club in Covent Garden and opening in LA next year. Also, if you're in film then you'll want to consider Soho. If the lure of the hipster East is too strong then consider Spitalfields. Bethnal Green proper is a bit too far east tbh. It's trendifying but you wouldn't be very central. But as I said, there's a lot of film industry in Soho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Thamesmead is the place for you ega. Trendy as ****.
    Abbey Wood is about to go up in the world tbf, when the new wossname line arives.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Abbey Wood is about to go up in the world tbf, when the new wossname line arives.
    Christ, Abbey Wood. I hadn't even thought of that hellhole since I dated a young lady who lived there when I was about 16.

I say, 'young lady'; that might be a little generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Christ, Abbey Wood. I hadn't even thought of that hellhole since I dated a young lady who lived there when I was about 16.

I say, 'young lady'; that might be a little generous.
    It's where my folks are from, in fact. My nan and grandad's little old house is already worth 350k. Not sure a cooper could afford it these days.

It's where my folks are from, in fact. My nan and grandad's little old house is already worth 350k. Not sure a cooper could afford it these days.
    Christ, really? A £350k house in Abbey Wood? Amazing.

I've just remembered going to a pub in Plumstead which, on Friday evenings, featured strippers on roller skates

Phuck Soho House, mate. That group has overstretched itself imo with ridiculous growth and insane debts. You wanna be joining this place: http://www.thehospitalclub.com/

Club in Covent Garden and opening in LA next year. Also, if you're in film then you'll want to consider Soho. If the lure of the hipster East is too strong then consider Spitalfields. Bethnal Green proper is a bit too far east tbh. It's trendifying but you wouldn't be very central. But as I said, there's a lot of film industry in Soho.
    Good tip man! I met with a post house in Soho, Goldcrest Studios. Sweet locale and some very hot chicks. In general there were hot chicks on every street, but not trying too hard to be hot. Structurally hot, if you know what I mean. Seemed like it would cost a bit actually to live there; but hey, strong dollar and all that.