Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: What's a good area for an office in London? has to be full of hipsters. If any of you

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    ahem...... my family lived happily for centuries in that '****house'.
    All of them? I had an ancestor or two who lived in and around Hoxton but generally they were spread around a bit more. Though I have read accounts of people who literally never left Hoxton all their lives.

As for happily, I don't know how you can be sure of that tbh. Centuries is a long time to be happy in places that were somewhat troubled from time to time, as a glance at the Charles Booth map will reveal. Especially the Old Nichol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    All of them? I had an ancestor or two who lived in and around Hoxton but generally they were spread around a bit more. Though I have read accounts of people who literally never left Hoxton all their lives.

As for happily, I don't know how you can be sure of that tbh. Centuries is a long time to be happy in places that were somewhat troubled from time to time, as a glance at the Charles Booth map will reveal. Especially the Old Nichol.
    On my mum's side they were spread across two or three streets for a couple of hundred years. Happily is probably largely inaccurate. They would have been horribly poor.