Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So we can add theatre to the list of things Mo knows nothing about

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Champagne for my real friends and all that
    A day without champagne always feels like a day wasted, doesn't it peter? If I were ever poor again, (which, God forbid) the thing I would most miss is a glass or two of champagne each day before dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A day without champagne always feels like a day wasted, doesn't it peter? If I were ever poor again, (which, God forbid) the thing I would most miss is a glass or two of champagne each day before dinner.
    Hmmm. I'm right off it, I must say. If you told me I could never have a drop of the stuff again, I'd not be terribly bothered.

It makes your breath go manky and basically isn't a proper drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hmmm. I'm right off it, I must say. If you told me I could never have a drop of the stuff again, I'd not be terribly bothered.

I shall be saddened if I am ever afflicted by such a brain injury, b

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Can't say I'm that bothered with it, would far prefer a decent red for half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I shall be saddened if I am ever afflicted by such a brain injury, b
    I like a Champagne cocktail. But the brandy's doing all the heavy lifting there.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    as The Goat was actually very good, I quite enjoyed a play for the first time in my life. Wonderfully acted and enough laugh out loud moments that the entire 1 hour and 50 minutes went remarkably quickly.

Barrafina was also very good, thank you Charles. Loved the tortilla morcilla and the fennel and pear salad although I thought the artichokes and aioli was the best thing we had. Suckling pig was merely good and the chap who cut our jamon should have been sacked but overall it was still very good.

Theatre eh? Hmmm, I'm still unconvinced.
    Glad you enjoyed it but it is unmitigated crap. If you are the kind of guy who laughs at the idea of a guy having sex with a goat well... bully for you. Plenty of that on the net for free.

It's clearly a metaphor but it's so clunky and dated I thought it was from the sixties.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it but it is unmitigated crap. If you are the kind of guy who laughs at the idea of a guy having sex with a goat well... bully for you. Plenty of that on the net for free.

It's clearly a metaphor but it's so clunky and dated I thought it was from the sixties.
    No, *you think* it is unmitigated crap but rather a lot of other people including theatre critics think it is very good. The reviews were excellent and it had a very nice run, which suggests it had some merit was clearly not unmitigated crap.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No, *you think* it is unmitigated crap but rather a lot of other people including theatre critics think it is very good. The reviews were excellent and it had a very nice run, which suggests it had some merit was clearly not unmitigated crap.

It has a nice run on the basis of people wanting to see Damian Lewis. Reviews have been mixed.

I know it's crap and I can give you a detailed analysis why it is crap, but first I'd need to see your detailed analysis of why it isn't crap.

I know more about theatre than quite a few theatre critics so excuse me if I'm not overawed by some of them liking this play.

It has a nice run on the basis of people wanting to see Damian Lewis. Reviews have been mixed.

I know it's crap and I can give you a detailed analysis why it is crap, but first I'd need to see your detailed analysis of why it isn't crap.

I know more about theatre than quite a few theatre critics so excuse me if I'm not overawed by some of them liking this play.
    Is the primary purpose of theatre not to entertain, m? That being the case, if wes was entertained, the play was successful, for him at least.

I would assume a play/film/band is asll up to the individuals taste... i mean, AW (who knows a lot about football) likes AR....WES thinks he is ****, so does that mean WES knows nothing about football........ oh
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar