Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I checked out Ed Sheeran last night.

So I checked out Ed Sheeran last night.

To see what all the fuss is about.

He is clearly a technically gifted young man. To hold an audience alone and make such a sound by manipulating thon fancy pedal shows a remarkable musical dexterity. He's clearing put the time in and mastered his art.

But the blandness of it all! Jesus H Holy Christ, it's like listening to wallpaper paste!

Kids must be easily pleased these days; either that or their drug of choice is Mogadon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

He is clearly a technically gifted young man. To hold an audience alone and make such a sound by manipulating thon fancy pedal shows a remarkable musical dexterity. He's clearing put the time in and mastered his art.

But the blandness of it all! Jesus H Holy Christ, it's like listening to wallpaper paste!

Kids must be easily pleased these days; either that or their drug of choice is Mogadon.
    They had Katy Perry at Glastonbury and a bunch of grime ********s. Music is dead, C.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    They had Katy Perry at Glastonbury and a bunch of grime ********s. Music is dead, C.
    I also caught a little of her set, and that of Stormzy. Basically I was just open-mouthed in bemusement. What came to mind were the obvious festival performances of the past. Dylan at the Monterey jazz festival. Jimi on the Monday morning at Woodstock, that sort of thing.

Music is, as you say, as dead as a dodo.

Liam was fun, mind. You can always rely on Liam.

Well I thought I had been watching The Killers and had even texted my son to tell him

what a splendid beat combo they were but then discovered they were in fact called King Gizard and the Lizard Wizzard. I imagine the singer fella is only allowed out of his straight jacket for the duration of his performance then it's straight back on the medication and a padded cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    what a splendid beat combo they were but then discovered they were in fact called King Gizard and the Lizard Wizzard. I imagine the singer fella is only allowed out of his straight jacket for the duration of his performance then it's straight back on the medication and a padded cell.
    Well that sounds like it has a personality, at least, so let's be grateful.

I've got a friend who plays trumpet in a jazz band who was asked to perform with a brass band on Sunday morning. A brass band called Black Dyke, no less.

Not my cup of tea, really.

Thought the Foos were good on Saturday, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes, a decent show, but no better than that. Dave Grohl might be the Nicest Man in Rock n Roll but he writes some amazingly dull tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Up until they started doing Queen covers, when I switched them off.

Also the whole 'glasto' thing makes me a little bit puke. Why are people waving flags FFS?

Radiohead, though. Dreary, shoegazing shïte that only the dangerously pretentious could possibly imagine to be anything but self-important drivel.

Yes, a decent show, but no better than that. Dave Grohl might be the Nicest Man in Rock n Roll but he writes some amazingly dull tunes.
    They really are monumentally bland. That looked like the dullest Glastonbury in years. Radiohead bored the arse off me as well.