Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If we could swap drama queen Alexis for world class striker Aguero, do we do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    He's a diva. Superb but comes at a cost.
    If he's superb, shouldn't we be picking on the others who are less than superb, rather than him? Don't you suspect that you may be barking up the wrong tree with this when that notorious couldn't-care-less-about-possession-long-ball-extremist Pep Gward reportedly wants him?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    If he's superb, shouldn't we be picking on the others who are less than superb, rather than him? Don't you suspect that you may be barking up the wrong tree with this when that notorious couldn't-care-less-about-possession-long-ball-extremist Pep Gward reportedly wants him?
    I don't think I'm barking at or picking on anyone tbh. Just pointing to a balanced analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I don't think I'm barking at or picking on anyone tbh. Just pointing to a balanced analysis.
    Fair enough.

For the record, I'd be happy (obviously not really, but you know what I mean) for us to sell Alexis to them for a hundert million quid. Likewise, I wouldn't (couldn't!) complain were we to buy Kun from them for a similar sum, if that's what Wenger wanted to do.

A swap deal like the one mooted though, stinks, from our point of view.

Which obviously means it's actually going to happen, doesn't it
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Bayern Munich's new signing is going to be seriously burned out when he eventually joins them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well apparently Pep is up for it. Aguero is 29, though... Not going to be at his peak for much longer so would be a short term solution.
    29?! Should have 3 more years at the top. Ibrohimovic is 35, and has been scoring goals for fun with no sign of slowing down

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Aguero, Mbappe Ozil. Talk about front threes!
    How about Gordon McQueen for lorenzo's oil?

I really shouldnt do marching powder on a school night
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'