Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So I checked out Ed Sheeran last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I found myself gazing at for a good 20 minutes it in a sincere attempt to discern what anyone would like about it.
    You just have to accept it as one of the things in life you will never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You just have to accept it as one of the things in life you will never understand.
    Yeah. Maybe Ian Harvey's right and I'm just too thick to get it?

Well, clearly. Remember how concerned he was that one of their albums might be 'too accessible'? Imagine if scum like you and me could like it! How would Harvey and his ilk feel superior then?

Maybe. Probably not. Its more that there is clearly something there that you don't see. That something may be total **** but once you accept that you are never going to be able to see it you can move on and watch Dizee Rascal

No, no he isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    To see what all the fuss is about.

He is clearly a technically gifted young man. To hold an audience alone and make such a sound by manipulating thon fancy pedal shows a remarkable musical dexterity. He's clearing put the time in and mastered his art.

But the blandness of it all! Jesus H Holy Christ, it's like listening to wallpaper paste!

Kids must be easily pleased these days; either that or their drug of choice is Mogadon.
    As a veteran of the festival from “back in the day” (natch) I tuned in with a small amount of excited anticipation.

Bar the headliners I must say that a lot of the acts I saw appeared like people who had won a competition to sing on the stage at Glastonbury, they were ****ing dire. Radiohead I turned over to Dizzy Rascal who I then turned off and retired for the evening. The Foo Fighters I have to admit I did not make it past the opening song and I steadfastly refuse to watch Ed Sheeran, god knows I hear him often enough on the radio without having to actually see him.

I saw that they rolled out The Killers yesterday as a surprise unannounced act. The Killers. The Fúcking Killers. Jesus Christ of almighty, the Killers.

Then of course there is the presenters who appear to range from smug to very smug.

Of course people will (correctly) point out that there is so much more to the festival than the Pyramid Stage and the headline acts.

I had flirted with the concept of attending this year as a birthday treat to myself. I am so glad I chose not to despite there being a handful of acts I would gladly have stood and watched.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    As a veteran of the festival from “back in the day” (natch) I tuned in with a small amount of excited anticipation.

Bar the headliners I must say that a lot of the acts I saw appeared like people who had won a competition to sing on the stage at Glastonbury, they were ****ing dire. Radiohead I turned over to Dizzy Rascal who I then turned off and retired for the evening. The Foo Fighters I have to admit I did not make it past the opening song and I steadfastly refuse to watch Ed Sheeran, god knows I hear him often enough on the radio without having to actually see him.

I saw that they rolled out The Killers yesterday as a surprise unannounced act. The Killers. The Fúcking Killers. Jesus Christ of almighty, the Killers.

Then of course there is the presenters who appear to range from smug to very smug.

Of course people will (correctly) point out that there is so much more to the festival than the Pyramid Stage and the headline acts.

I had flirted with the concept of attending this year as a birthday treat to myself. I am so glad I chose not to despite there being a handful of acts I would gladly have stood and watched.
    I liked young Mr Rascal's set. It at least looked fun - lots of jumping up and down and crowd participation. Indeed, my nieces and nephew were there and report that to have been the highlight.

I liked young Mr Rascal's set. It at least looked fun - lots of jumping up and down and crowd participation. Indeed, my nieces and nephew were there and report that to have been the highlight.
    Is he one of those shouty chaps, b? How would you describe his 'flow'?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is he one of those shouty chaps, b? How would you describe his 'flow'?
    Indeed. Coloured fellow. His flow was peng.

Indeed. Coloured fellow. His flow was peng.
    A bit like Stormzy then. I would describe him as on fleek.