Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So I checked out Ed Sheeran last night.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Ian Harvey was on Facebook saying it was one of the best live sets ever.

Perfect.
    Maybe if you love Radiohead it was brilliant. I thought it was unbelievably boring and more than a little irritating so I suppose that just proves I don't like Radiohead. I already knew that, so I turned over.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If you were in charge of set lists for a world tour of 100 dates, do you think Racing in the Street would appear more than 3 or 4 times?

A man can only tolerate Spirit in the Night so many times.
    You're confusing 'fúck the fans' with 'not necessarily playing Peter's favourites', I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    When Springsteen headlined it I was concerned for my hero. I thought he'd made a mistake. Given that he doesn't play festivals and that his lengthy sets often contain many obscure numbers, it seemed to me that a casual audience really wouldn't get it. Watching on TV it appeared that he smashed it out the park, as it were. It looked and sounded magnificent. The Guardian gave him 5 stars and the review started 'Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band put on a show so good it's quasi-religious – for nigh on three hours, Pilton becomes the Promised Land' A week later I encountered Ian Harvey who had been at Glastonbury and asked for his verdict. 'Embarrassing', he opined. 'People were streaming away to go and watch something else. He can't hold an audience like Radiohead.' The lying ****.

It is, as you say, a cult.
    I think it's fair to say that, in common with most Radiohead fans, Mr Harvey would give them a rave review if they just did an album of nursery rhymes. He would describe their version of 'Three Blind Mice' as "transcendent" and sneer viciously at anyone who failed to recognise the profundity of 'Baa Baa Black Sheep'.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am not sure if she is still around but when I listened to the radio anything Jo Whiley used to harp on about I hated it.
    She is still around. She was pretty much everywhere at Glastonbury.

Maybe if you love Radiohead it was brilliant. I thought it was unbelievably boring and more than a little irritating so I suppose that just proves I don't like Radiohead. I already knew that, so I turned over.

I found myself gazing at for a good 20 minutes it in a sincere attempt to discern what anyone would like about it.

You're confusing 'fúck the fans' with 'not necessarily playing Peter's favourites', I'm afraid.
    No.... I will tell you what it is. Its this ****ing triangle they put round the stage at every big gig.

Bruce only sees those sad *******s who sleep outside the stadium for three days just to get down the front. He plays to them. The hardcore, the worryingly obsessed. He then slings in a few hits for the casual fans and what gets left out is a large chunk of his best work.

No.... I will tell you what it is. Its this ****ing triangle they put round the stage at every big gig.

Bruce only sees those sad *******s who sleep outside the stadium for three days just to get down the front. He plays to them. The hardcore, the worryingly obsessed. He then slings in a few hits for the casual fans and what gets left out is a large chunk of his best work.
    Perhaps you ought to correspond with him on the question of his set lists, p? Tell him he's doing it all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Perhaps you ought to correspond with him on the question of his set lists, p? Tell him he's doing it all wrong.
    He could definitely do with some advice, given that he has spent the last 40 years playing live shows to empty stadia.

You'd think he'd have sussed he's doing it all wrong by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I asked him if we wouldn't mind resting 'Working on the Highway' for a couple of gigs, given that it is one of the most irritating songs ever written. Unfortunately some of the language I used could have been interpreted as 'foul and abusive'...

I have to get down the front with a sign saying 'stop playing this **** and play something good, you ****..'

He could definitely do with some advice, given that he has spent the last 40 years playing live shows to empty stadia.

You'd think he'd have sussed he's doing it all wrong by now.
    Thick skin, clearly. I eagerly await an acoustic tour where he has no choice but to play some good stuff.