Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So I checked out Ed Sheeran last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Up until they started doing Queen covers, when I switched them off.

Also the whole 'glasto' thing makes me a little bit puke. Why are people waving flags FFS?
    Dumb flag scum. If you are hanging out by the main stage you are missing Glastonbury.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    To see what all the fuss is about.

He is clearly a technically gifted young man. To hold an audience alone and make such a sound by manipulating thon fancy pedal shows a remarkable musical dexterity. He's clearing put the time in and mastered his art.

But the blandness of it all! Jesus H Holy Christ, it's like listening to wallpaper paste!

Kids must be easily pleased these days; either that or their drug of choice is Mogadon.
    but he's edgy as he puts an X on his acoustic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    but he's edgy as he puts an X on his acoustic.
    I lasted three songs before turning over. Not my cup of tea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Radiohead, though. Dreary, shoegazing shïte that only the dangerously pretentious could possibly imagine to be anything but self-important drivel.
    Someone had the temerity to say something similar on facebook which occasioned Ian Harvey to wade in, guns blazing, in defence of his heroes. His argument appeared to be that not loving Radiohead is prima facie evidence of thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I lasted three songs before turning over. Not my cup of tea at all.
    I love music but I am not interested at all in Glastonbury. I won't watch a second of it.

Someone had the temerity to say something similar on facebook which occasioned Ian Harvey to wade in, guns blazing, in defence of his heroes. His argument appeared to be that not loving Radiohead is prima facie evidence of thickness.
    There were long, long periods of silence. That isn't good enough. I hated it.

Liam was quite good. At least he is entertaining, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I love music but I am not interested at all in Glastonbury. I won't watch a second of it.
    Well that is just sad, isn't it. Very sad indeed.

It is supposed to be good.

Yes. They're not so much a band as a cult as far as I can see. Every member of the cult has to keep repeating the mantra of their greatness for fear that otherwise reality may intrude and reveal the emperor in his birthday suit.

They have one or two decent songs that they milk shamelessly and the rest is pretty much whiny, tuneless dreck. Also, Thom Yorke has zero stage presence and a terrible voice.

For all Oasis' faults, the time is approaching when we're going to remember them with regret as the last flowering of rock n roll music.

I flicked between them and some chap called Dizzee Rascal, who played upbeat, bouncy numbers that had the crowd dancing. Unlike Radiohead appeared to be interested in entertaining his audience and was doing a good job. Why anyone would have chosen to watch them rather than him is beyond me.
    Last edited by Burney; 06-26-2017 at 09:07 AM.