Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things I miss #11312112. Bus tickets.

Things I miss #11312112. Bus tickets.

In the days before everyone was glued to their phones.

you could keep yourself occupied by rolling it into a joint.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Do they not still do tickets, then?

I remember rolling mine up in various ways once, only for a ticket inspector to rock up and demand to see it. Took about 10 minutes' arguing before he accepted it was a valid ticket that I'd managed to fück up.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do they not still do tickets, then?

I remember rolling mine up in various ways once, only for a ticket inspector to rock up and demand to see it. Took about 10 minutes' arguing before he accepted it was a valid ticket that I'd managed to fück up.
    I rarely get on the bus but it's all cashless now. They have even made it so all the announcements are made by a speaker so the bus driver has no interaction at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

I was thinking the other day how much better life is with Oyster Cards. Bus stops are slow enough as it is without 23 people each fannying around for change each time. Except for the old routemasters with the conductor and the cool ticket machine thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I was thinking the other day how much better life is with Oyster Cards. Bus stops are slow enough as it is without 23 people each fannying around for change each time. Except for the old routemasters with the conductor and the cool ticket machine thingy.
    I still don't own an Oyster card. I tap in with credit cards and whatnot, though. Can one do that on a bus?

The cocky confident conductors were the best.
    The machine between their legs and low down as possible.
    bit like a guitarist trying to be cool.

Then they'd give that long strip of tickets they'd reel off to a kid. and that kid would love it.
    I was that kid.

I still don't own an Oyster card. I tap in with credit cards and whatnot, though. Can one do that on a bus?
    or with your phone.

I don't bother topping my Oyster card up when I'm home anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I don't bother topping my Oyster card up when I'm home anymore
    The advantage of Oyster cards is that they (the machinery that they interact with) actually tell you at the end how much the tube/train journey has cost. My contactless doesn't. There is something slightly unsettling about not knowing how much has been extracted from one's account.

The advantage of Oyster cards is that they (the machinery that they interact with) actually tell you at the end how much the tube/train journey has cost. My contactless doesn't. There is something slightly unsettling about not knowing how much has been extracted from one's account.
    I started using my card for everything but I may switch back to reverting to cash.
    take some cash out each week and that's it for the week.

I can't keep track of what's going in and out. I want to know why my balance is £100 less than it was last night I don't recall using my card.