Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Meanwhile, catching up on the world of Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Would have helped if the ref had just played an advantage of oh, say 2 seconds, rather than blowing immediately and sending Lehmann off
    Yes, the official even admitted it afterwards, didn't he. ̶B̶a̶s̶t̶a̶r̶d̶ Silly man.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, the official even admitted it afterwards, didn't he. ̶B̶a̶s̶t̶a̶r̶d̶ Silly man.
    Strangely that was at the Barcelona victory party.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Strangely that was at the Barcelona victory party.
    Good point. That was what really screwed us, wasn't it; the original ref getting set up and framed wearing a Barcelona shirt. The whole thing was made to look as though we were accusing the officials of bias when it had nothing to do with us, did it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Good point. That was what really screwed us, wasn't it; the original ref getting set up and framed wearing a Barcelona shirt. The whole thing was made to look as though we were accusing the officials of bias when it had nothing to do with us, did it.
    It was similar to 1988 when The Million Dollar man used a man who had plastic surgery to replace the real referee in order for Andrea the Giant to defeat Hulk Hogan for the world title.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It was similar to 1988 when The Million Dollar man used a man who had plastic surgery to replace the real referee in order for Andrea the Giant to defeat Hulk Hogan for the world title.
    Sounds interesting, but before my time. More importantly, before my sons' time.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Hugely popular in the Clock End - always got a great reception when he did his somersaults. Had a bit of a laugh with the crowd too
    Germans, you see. They always enjoy a good laugh.

Exhibit A: In Berlin the other day, enjoying some of the local swill, the mustard on offer to accompany bar snacks was resplendent under the name "Bautz'ner", apparently named for the legendary Stasi, Nazi "secret" prison. Gave me quite a start, I can tell you.

My mind was put at rest though, as I was informed with a chuckle that the condiment firm is actually a little older than the penitentiary. Phew.