Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, catching up on the world of Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Would it be allowed to review free kicks? like when Eboue hit the deck which lead to our goal?

and I've only ever watched it once though as I've never wanted to see anything about that game twice.
    Me neither. In fact, due to Sir C's generosity with mind-bending chemicals that evening, I have very little actual memory of the game remaining, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Me neither. In fact, due to Sir C's generosity with mind-bending chemicals that evening, I have very little actual memory of the game remaining, which is nice.
    The only time I've seen bits of it when ITV liked to use it before any Arsenal champions league game just a a nice reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He was asked which decisions VAR would make a difference, so obviously he said the one for their first goal. He didn't actually say we would definitely win it either. A bit of whimsical theorising on what might have been. How can anything possibly be wrong with that?
    Well you are clearly deluded if you think I am going to actually read or look into the full article.

He would have been better off saying Rooney diving to end the unbeaten run as that was a call beyond dispute, the offside issue still an issue of debate and/or doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well you are clearly deluded if you think I am going to actually read or look into the full article.

He would have been better off saying Rooney diving to end the unbeaten run as that was a call beyond dispute, the offside issue still an issue of debate and/or doubt.
    If there'd been video in that United game, Mike Riley would have been charged with conspiracy to commit fraud.

In my opinion our goal in the cup final was generous.
    active or inactive etc. Ramsey went for the ball. and a handball. VAR would shut that **** down.

so maybe he shouldn't moan to much.

Well, I agree with you there. Can't even recall the Eto'o goal Couldn't really see through the rain. Thirteen minutes though, sw, 13 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Well, I agree with you there. Can't even recall the Eto'o goal Couldn't really see through the rain. Thirteen minutes though, sw, 13 minutes
    I expect it eats away at AW as he knows we could and should have won it.

Irrespective of a debateable offside call the miss by TH is still the main reason we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    In my opinion our goal in the cup final was generous.
    active or inactive etc. Ramsey went for the ball. and a handball. VAR would shut that **** down.

so maybe he shouldn't moan to much.
    The puffed-up outrage of a Chelsea fan I joshingly spoke to about that goal a couple of days later made me very resistant to the idea that there should ever be a system whereby dodgy goals are ruled out. I know we've had our bad decisions, but when bad decisions go your way, it's very sweet.

Irrespective of a debateable offside call the miss by TH is still the main reason we lost.
    Well, also Jens Lehmann acting like a cùnt, obvs.

OK. I'll bite.

Having a man sent off early against a good side practically always means you will not win
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."