Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, catching up on the world of Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    OK. I'll bite.

Having a man sent off early against a good side practically always means you will not win
    Lehmann always gets too much of a free ride for this imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I blame him 3 times.
    firstly for getting sent off. that pissed of Pires, and finally that meant that clown Almunia was on the pitch in a CL final against Barcelona FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I blame him 3 times.
    firstly for getting sent off. that pissed of Pires, and finally that meant that clown Almunia was on the pitch in a CL final against Barcelona FFS.
    You could spin it out further and suggest that the enforced substitution of Almunia meant Dennis never got on either.

A huge **** up.

Wenger out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You could spin it out further and suggest that the enforced substitution of Almunia meant Dennis never got on either.

A huge **** up.

Wenger out.
    For this reason - in addition to his acting the cünt in sundry other games and gifting Tottenham a draw in the game where we won the League at WHL - I can never get on board with all the nostalgia about 'Mad Jens'. I think the teutonic lunatic was basically a liability.

That was one of the saddest days of my virtual life.

We were immense. Almunia was superb for an hour and then he did his usual thing. We would have won it if either Titi or Freddie had tucked away their chances on seventy something minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He was asked which decisions VAR would make a difference, so obviously he said the one for their first goal. He didn't actually say we would definitely win it either. A bit of whimsical theorising on what might have been. How can anything possibly be wrong with that?
    Would have helped if the ref had just played an advantage of oh, say 2 seconds, rather than blowing immediately and sending Lehmann off

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

A huge **** up.

Wenger out.

I still maintain at the time Lehmann wasn't popular. now he's looked back all fondly.

He also annoyed me the day we won the League at WHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

I still maintain at the time Lehmann wasn't popular. now he's looked back all fondly.

He also annoyed me the day we won the League at WHL.
    Hugely popular in the Clock End - always got a great reception when he did his somersaults. Had a bit of a laugh with the crowd too

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Indeed. Although, of course, a spot of VAR would've come in handy there as well
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Hugely popular in the Clock End - always got a great reception when he did his somersaults. Had a bit of a laugh with the crowd too
    Actually I never sat in the clock end.

was always east stand or North bank and a rare West stand.