Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It seems the new US Ambassador to the Court of St James will be 'Woody Johnson'

It seems the new US Ambassador to the Court of St James will be 'Woody Johnson'

Now I could be wrong, but aren't both those names American slang terms for the membrum virile?

What odd fellows our American cousins are, to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Now I could be wrong, but aren't both those names American slang terms for the membrum virile?

Revenge for us sending them a chap called "Kim", I suppose
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Revenge for us sending them a chap called "Kim", I suppose
    Yes. You'd have thought we'd be a bit wary of chaps called Kim being given senior diplomatic roles in Washington after that very unfortunate Philby business, really.

Even so, to have one name that is slang for the penïs is unfortunate. To have two begins to look like carelessness.

On the other hand his parents may have thought the whole thing a total hoot in one of those phnaar phnaar type moments.
    Lest we forget our own tragically named Paul Dickov. How that poor lad must have suffered on his journey to adulthood and beyond.

Maybe his middle name is 'Randy'.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    On the other hand his parents may have thought the whole thing a total hoot in one of those phnaar phnaar type moments.
    Lest we forget our own tragically named Paul Dickov. How that poor lad must have suffered on his journey to adulthood and beyond.
    I'm generally quite sympathetic to those with vaguely genital surnames, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Maybe his middle name is 'Randy'.
    Yes. Imagine being called 'Randy' and having a funny surname.

Fortunately, such a thing would never happen in a sane universe.

Yes. Imagine being called 'Randy' and having a funny surname.

Fortunately, such a thing would never happen in a sane universe.
    God it is slow on here today.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    God it is slow on here today.
    Friday, innit. WES has probably knocked off for the day, Sir C's off motorboating, LA's in Germany and they all fück off on a Friday afternoon.

Friday, innit. WES has probably knocked off for the day, Sir C's off motorboating, LA's in Germany and they all fück off on a Friday afternoon.
    I'm always here late on a Friday, b. All the Germans **** off, so we start drinking around 3.30