Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I do Awimb?

What should I do Awimb?

During my odd time at my current time things have finally settled down.

I had been on 'loan' to a tv company for a few projects, during the last project my company put on the breaks and 'recalled' me and gave me a new permanent role, it's not exciting but it's safe they gave me a payrise and a bonus. at the same time the Tv company gave me an offer but it wasn't very interesting. so I said I will stick how it is.

Now I've been doing the new position for just under 2 months. TV company has demanded my services again. so I am now doing 50/50 and my company and the tv company are splitting my salary.

Yesterday I went out for several meetings with the top dogs of the division of the tv company. One of them is more or less begging me to go there. 'we'll make it worth your while'

I am not sure what to do. I liked the projects I did the way there were but working their permanently may be different story as I've heard only bad things.

and in the past I've made the error of jumping ship too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

I had been on 'loan' to a tv company for a few projects, during the last project my company put on the breaks and 'recalled' me and gave me a new permanent role, it's not exciting but it's safe they gave me a payrise and a bonus. at the same time the Tv company gave me an offer but it wasn't very interesting. so I said I will stick how it is.

Now I've been doing the new position for just under 2 months. TV company has demanded my services again. so I am now doing 50/50 and my company and the tv company are splitting my salary.

Yesterday I went out for several meetings with the top dogs of the division of the tv company. One of them is more or less begging me to go there. 'we'll make it worth your while'

I am not sure what to do. I liked the projects I did the way there were but working their permanently may be different story as I've heard only bad things.

"make it worth your while"... find out exactly how much making it worth your while is. Guaranteed bonus etc etc
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

The conversation should start with establishing just how much your while is worth to them. Sounds like you would want a hefty financial reason to go there.

I had an offer from the private sector this month that would have almost doubled my salary. I considered it but turned it down. Wasn't enough money for the hassle of working for people I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    "make it worth your while"... find out exactly how much making it worth your while is. Guaranteed bonus etc etc
    That's what I am waiting for. I will speak to one of them again soon off the record.

It's a complicated relationship between my company and the tv company, The managers of each hate each other so my current one is always happy to get one over on the other one.

Plus even though they are separate they are the same company in a way. it's confusing.

Factor in the moolah, the job security, expected hours, variety and interest of work, development prospects, the quality of people you work with and the travel requirements.

Then get some randoms on the internet to make your decision for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I had an offer from the private sector this month that would have almost doubled my salary. I considered it but turned it down. Wasn't enough money for the hassle of working for people I don't like.
    You mean you actually like working with the goose-stepping, humourless, state-sector PC fanatics* that you've described on here?

* I might be making this up. I found the education sector a bit that way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Factor in the moolah, the job security, expected hours, variety and interest of work, development prospects, the quality of people you work with and the travel requirements.

Then get some randoms on the internet to make your decision for you.

Pros, extra money would be welcomed at this time, big company, TV is interesting,
    Cons, One of the managers has a terrible reputation though seems to love me.

I'll let awimb decide once I have all the info.

Pros, extra money would be welcomed at this time, big company, TV is interesting,
    Cons, One of the managers has a terrible reputation though seems to love me.

I'll let awimb decide once I have all the info.
    Sometimes a **** of a manager who hates everyone but you can be the best thing in the world.

Sometimes they turn out to be a **** of a manager who quickly starts to hate you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Sometimes a **** of a manager who hates everyone but you can be the best thing in the world.

Sometimes they turn out to be a **** of a manager who quickly starts to hate you as well.
    this is my concern. As I think I had special treatment as I was on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You mean you actually like working with the goose-stepping, humourless, state-sector PC fanatics* that you've described on here?

* I might be making this up. I found the education sector a bit that way though.
    Education is a very serious matter nowadays. People don't bequeath the family farm or business to their kids anymore, or experience in a particular trade or even money, so social reproduction (what we used to call "breeding") relies on giving them a leg-up through their schooling.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."