Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad, Sad day

Sad, Sad day

"blowers" announces his retirement from TMS
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Shame. He'll miss plucky England scraping a draw with test newcomers Ireland and Afghanistan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40364481

Not really. Ghastly old fraud has been utterly useless as a commentator for years. Too busy playing up to his character to actually tell listeners what's actually happening on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not really. Ghastly old fraud has been utterly useless as a commentator for years. Too busy playing up to his character to actually tell listeners what's actually happening on the field.
    I win... i had a bet with myself that the first person on here with a negative comment would be b... i claim my £5 from myself
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Shame. He'll miss plucky England scraping a draw with test newcomers Ireland and Afghanistan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40364481
    I'm sure everyone from the other teams will be looking forward to touring the perpetually wartorn Afghanistan. Presumably they'll play their home games in Dubai, or wherever it is that Pakistan play.

Also, the state of these bhoys

I win... i had a bet with myself that the first person on here with a negative comment would be b... i claim my £5 from myself
    I've said it for years on here. It would be pretty absurd of me to change my tune just because he's retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Just said more or less the same thing to someone on Facebook. Particularly as I have to rely on TMS more, after years of having access to Sky, it's just annoying when he was on

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'm sure everyone from the other teams will be looking forward to touring the perpetually wartorn Afghanistan. Presumably they'll play their home games in Dubai, or wherever it is that Pakistan play.

Also, the state of these bhoys

Play mostly in Northern India. Series against Ireland was in the wonderfully named Greater Noida

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Just said more or less the same thing to someone on Facebook. Particularly as I have to rely on TMS more, after years of having access to Sky, it's just annoying when he was on
    If anything notable happened when he was on commentary, you'd suddenly hear him interrupting his tedious burbling with an expostulation like 'Oh my goodness!'. He would then leave you hanging for several seconds to find out whether a wicket had fallen, a four had been scored or a streaker had run on the field. Fùcking irritating.

You've been very generous to yourself there given a bookie

would have odds'd it at a 100-1 on