Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chambers or Holding or both?

Chambers or Holding or both?

Watching our Callum keep our Rob out of each of the three U21 Group matches as been interesting.

Should we keep both or let one go?

Sorry if this is boringly 'on-topic'!

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Watching our Callum keep our Rob out of each of the three U21 Group matches as been interesting.

Chambers isn't even with us any more, I don't think.

He is back after his loan spell with 'Boro. Apparently Saints want him back for £12m. I'd only do it if it included Van Dijk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post

U
    Keep both - three man central defence will give plenty of opportunities. The fact that they are both still playing U21 level shows how much developing they have to do

Despite not playing in this tournament Holding is already the better player, largely due to his confidence. I haven't given up on Chambers and would try to keep both but if one has to go.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Despite not playing in this tournament Holding is already the better player, largely due to his confidence. I haven't given up on Chambers and would try to keep both but if one has to go.....
    Funny old game though, innit. Chambers joined a squad that qualified for the Champions League every season and failed to convince; Holding plays for a squad that didn't qualify for the first time in ages and yet folk say he's done better.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Could argue that Holding is further along because he played first team football consistently for Bolton before joining us. Chambers was very, very green when he arrived.

Keeping both is a no-brainer imo. I think there is potentially a very good player in both.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Funny old game though, innit. Chambers joined a squad that qualified for the Champions League every season and failed to convince; Holding plays for a squad that didn't qualify for the first time in ages and yet folk say he's done better.
    Although Holding wasn't in the side when they were struggling and Chambers wasn't playing regularly in the side that qualified. So not that funny. Amusing, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Although Holding wasn't in the side when they were struggling and Chambers wasn't playing regularly in the side that qualified. So not that funny. Amusing, perhaps.
    Right. Fair enough; one struggled to get into a side that qualified and the other is considered a decent prospect for a side that didn't.

Most amusing
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. Fair enough; one struggled to get into a side that qualified and the other is considered a decent prospect for a side that didn't.

Most amusing
    Fair to say that the relative performances of each player had little effect on the team's overall outcome that season.

Holding has done better.