Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In my never ending search at looking at houses. You think you find a good won

In my never ending search at looking at houses. You think you find a good won

the price is right, enough bedrooms, nice garden,

Oh but look the Bathroom is downstairs next to the front door or behind the kitchen.
    Who's bright idea was that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    the price is right, enough bedrooms, nice garden,

Oh but look the Bathroom is downstairs next to the front door or behind the kitchen.
    Who's bright idea was that.
    We've started looking at houses. We've two options. Pay around £300,000 for a 3/4 bedroom house on an island within a 10 minute walk of a beach and only 15 minutes from the city by car, or go inland a bit and buy a house right next to a lake for about £100,000 less and then buy a boat at some point in the future but it's a 40 minute drive away from the city. The idea of taking a boat out on the lake interests me but at the same time i'd only use it for about 3 months and i ****ing hate living in the countryside.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    We've started looking at houses. We've two options. Pay around £300,000 for a 3/4 bedroom house on an island within a 10 minute walk of a beach and only 15 minutes from the city by car, or go inland a bit and buy a house right next to a lake for about £100,000 less and then buy a boat at some point in the future but it's a 40 minute drive away from the city. The idea of taking a boat out on the lake interests me but at the same time i'd only use it for about 3 months and i ****ing hate living in the countryside.
    What are the places like over there? do they have space?
    unlike here where most bedrooms once you put a bed in you can't even walk around it.

unlike here where most bedrooms once you put a bed in you can't even walk around it.
    Have you considered burning your current place down and being rehoused in luxury at the taxpayers' expense?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Have you considered burning your current place down and being rehoused in luxury at the taxpayers' expense?
    #cladding I love how everyone is a fire expert now. 'it was the cladding' a bit like Iraq war was about 'the oil'

Burney I am stuck with the same areas coming up over and over again in my search.
    Harlow, Grays, Basildon, Pitsea.

I may have to take a chance. If I am going to commit to this sort of thing I want a house not a flat. What to do?

The bedrooms are usually quite a nice size. Big enough at least to get a bed and wardrobes in the smallest room.

This is the sort of thing we're looking to get https://www.maklarhuset.se/bostad/sv...eferrer=hemnet sornedansjo-237-11731156, although this one has been bid up about £100,000 on the listed price. This is what i ****ing HATE about the Swedish housing market. They list them at prices that encourages bidding wars and the houses end up going for way more than listed.

Have you considered burning your current place down* and being rehoused in luxury at the taxpayers' expense?
    * at the expense of seeing your relatives, friends, and neighbours burned to a crisp, suffering from various degrees of burns, getting lung cancer from the inhalation of smoke, and living with a bit of trauma

Quote Originally Posted by the splendor of antigone View Post
    * at the expense of seeing your relatives, friends, and neighbours burned to a crisp, suffering from various degrees of burns, getting lung cancer from the inhalation of smoke, and living with a bit of trauma
    I don't like my neighbours and none of my family or friends live near me.
    Where's my matches?

Bit harsh, but quite funny

#cladding I love how everyone is a fire expert now. 'it was the cladding' a bit like Iraq war was about 'the oil'

Burney I am stuck with the same areas coming up over and over again in my search.
    Harlow, Grays, Basildon, Pitsea.

I may have to take a chance. If I am going to commit to this sort of thing I want a house not a flat. What to do?
    Harlow? Grays? Basildon? These can't be good ideas, f.

As far as I can make out, Harlow is a vast retail park in which people also apparently live.