Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The thing about this video is that it is sub-optimal for everyone involved

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    On a tangental note, I look forward to seeing the first virtue-signalling woman attempt to breastfeed in a mosque.
    Men and women pray separately in mosques, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, but you can get them to feed your expressed breast milk to the baby - as millions of mothers do.

I get sick of this 'It's the most natural and healthy thing in the world' excuse for flopping your dugs out everywhere. So's farting, but you presumably don't expect everyone to be fine with you letting rip in the office, do you?
    Even more disturbing to me is the idea of it being ok to have the baby in the office in the first place. It's bad enough when people bring their sprog in for a few minutes to parade it up and down to get all the oos and aas and general attention but to have it there all day? Like, screaming and shít? No way could I work in that environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Men and women pray separately in mosques, I think.
    There's a new one in Berlin which allows all that sort of thing, mixed worship, lady imams and that. Naturally, reactions to this have been .. well .. mixed.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Even more disturbing to me is the idea of it being ok to have the baby in the office in the first place. It's bad enough when people bring their sprog in for a few minutes to parade it up and down to get all the oos and aas and general attention but to have it there all day? Like, screaming and shít? No way could I work in that environment.
    This I have literally never heard of, to be honest. An old boss of mine used to occasionally bring their older kid into work but they just satw in the corner playing on their console. But babies? Nah.

However, dogs at work has become a 'thing' in London's hipster circles, I believe. Gay men in particular seem to have been at the vanguard of this trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They quite like me, despite my pale maleness. I know how to handle the incredible volume of lesbians we have here and I also know how to act around foreign people. I get wheeled out every time we have foreign visitors.

The only area where I do annoy them is by pointing out, constantly, that our positive action around recruitment has yielded a thousand lesbians but not a single black person. Given the ethnic mix of the student population I thought it might be a good idea to encourage applications from minority ethnics (not ethnic minorities, that is now offensive).
    How do they respond to that? Do they tell you to stop mansplaining at them?

Quite right. Avoiding all that sort of thing is the reason for going out to work in the first place, for both men and women.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    This I have literally never heard of, to be honest.

However, dogs at work has become a 'thing' in London's hipster circles, I believe. Gay men in particular seem to have been at the vanguard of this trend.
    Oh, I have probably not understood the scenario. I've heard of the dogs thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Quite right. Avoiding all that sort of thing is the reason for going out to work in the first place, for both men and women.
    Nonsense - if I wanted to avoid needy, immature brats who cry at the drop of a hat I would never have gone into journalism

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Nonsense - if I wanted to avoid needy, immature brats who cry at the drop of a hat I would never have gone into journalism
    Reporters are of age, they get their round in