Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The thing about this video is that it is sub-optimal for everyone involved

The thing about this video is that it is sub-optimal for everyone involved

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...rliament-video

The baby is not getting the attention it needs, the woman is not giving her work the attention she needs and her colleagues are not getting the attention from her that they need.

Apart from that, breastfeeding at work is a fúcking great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

The baby is not getting the attention it needs, the woman is not giving her work the attention she needs and her colleagues are not getting the attention from her that they need.

The baby has a tit in its mouth - how much more attention does it ****ing need

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The baby has a tit in its mouth - how much more attention does it ****ing need
    I've spent enough time watching women breastfeed over the past 3 years to know that unless you are very lucky, the baby requires almost constant attention to make sure they are still latched on, adjusting your and their position, burping them, etc etc. The idea that you can do that with full concentration in a working environment is laughable.

'LOOK AT ME!!!! I'VE GOT MY TIT OUT IN PARLIAMENT AND NO-ONE CAN SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE ANYONE WHO DARES SUGGEST THIS IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE MOST NATURAL THING IN THE WORLD AND THEREFORE GREAT IS INSTANTLY LABELLED AS A VILE MISOGYNIST!!! NEVER MIND THAT I CAN EASILY AFFORD CHILDCARE AND DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE TO BE DOING THIS AND AM USING MY BABY AS A PROP IN MY LITTLE ATTENTION-SEEKING STUNT!! I DARE YOU TO OBJECT!!! I DARE YOU!!!"

Ugh. What a cünt.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    'LOOK AT ME!!!! I'VE GOT MY TIT OUT IN PARLIAMENT AND NO-ONE CAN SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE ANYONE WHO DARES SUGGEST THIS IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE MOST NATURAL THING IN THE WORLD AND THEREFORE GREAT IS INSTANTLY LABELLED AS A VILE MISOGYNIST!!! NEVER MIND THAT I CAN EASILY AFFORD CHILDCARE AND DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE TO BE DOING THIS AND AM USING MY BABY AS A PROP IN MY LITTLE ATTENTION-SEEKING STUNT!! I DARE YOU TO OBJECT!!! I DARE YOU!!!"

Ugh. What a cünt.
    To be fair, you can't get a childminder to breastfeed your baby.

But let's face it, women breastfeeding at work is not workable the second it becomes more than one or two women at any one time. So the inevitable and highly ironic consequence of encouraging it is that it will ultimately need to be banned.

I've spent enough time watching women breastfeed over the past 3 years to know that unless you are very lucky, the baby requires almost constant attention to make sure they are still latched on, adjusting your and their position, burping them, etc etc. The idea that you can do that with full concentration in a working environment is laughable.
    Well, yes, of course, it is simply a **** publicity stunt as b outlines beautifully below. How many women have you been watching breastfeeding btw? Just your girlfriend or is this a new hobby?

Ugh. What a cünt.
    I think there are arguments on both sides here. I have no idea what they are and am not remotely ****ing interested in hearing them.

I hope that makes my position clear.

To be fair, you can't get a childminder to breastfeed your baby.

But let's face it, women breastfeeding at work is not workable the second it becomes more than one or two women at any one time. So the inevitable and highly ironic consequence of encouraging it is that it will ultimately need to be banned.
    No, but you can get them to feed your expressed breast milk to the baby - as millions of mothers do.

I get sick of this 'It's the most natural and healthy thing in the world' excuse for flopping your dugs out everywhere. So's farting, but you presumably don't expect everyone to be fine with you letting rip in the office, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Well, yes, of course, it is simply a **** publicity stunt as b outlines beautifully below. How many women have you been watching breastfeeding btw? Just your girlfriend or is this a new hobby?
    As a modern, reconstructed dad I spend a lot of time around mummies. Oh yes.

The hilarious thing is when they give you an accusing look because they think you're trying to sneak a peak at their tit , utterly oblivious to the fact that a breastfeeding mum - however attractive - is about as sexually alluring as, well, Diane Abbott.

No, but you can get them to feed your expressed breast milk to the baby - as millions of mothers do.

I get sick of this 'It's the most natural and healthy thing in the world' excuse for flopping your dugs out everywhere. So's farting, but you presumably don't expect everyone to be fine with you letting rip in the office, do you?
    I used to work with someone who openly burped and farted in the office. You kind of get used to it after a while.

Women can do what they want, b. Its the world we live in.