Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, Budapest. Stunning women and (my glw informs me), equally good-looking men,

Quote Originally Posted by the splendor of antigone View Post
    Your bourgeois sensibilities are showing, old sport

Edit: What the **** is this new smiley face on about
    Yes. Although I'm rather proud of my bourgeois sensibilities, tbh. I generally find they're a great barrier to me justifying torture and murder in the name of ideology.

The new rolleyes smiley face is a fücking abortion, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    We stayed in a lovely little Hotel up there Baltazar i think it was called, 250 yds to the Castle but no tourists by the hotel
    Yes, I did think it would be nice to stay in the Castle district, but wondered whether having to either climb back up there or get the Funicular every time one went exploring might have limited one.

We compromised and stayed in the Art'otel next to the Danube opposite the Houses of Parliament. Lovely location, nice hotel and ridiculously reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Although I'm rather proud of my bourgeois sensibilities, tbh. I generally find they're a great barrier to me justifying torture and murder in the name of ideology.
    It's not 'ideology' if it's the objective self-movement and emancipation of the World-spirit now, is it? Consider capitalism refuted

Yes, I did think it would be nice to stay in the Castle district, but wondered whether having to either climb back up there or get the Funicular every time one went exploring might have limited one.

We compromised and stayed in the Art'otel next to the Danube opposite the Houses of Parliament. Lovely location, nice hotel and ridiculously reasonable.
    We walked back once, otherwise we used a bus or taxi... hotel was very cheap for how good it was
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yeah..... enough about politics. How was the beer?
    Are you not out #raging, p?

I'm distressed by the lack of #ragers.

Yeah..... enough about politics. How was the beer?
    Beer was nice. Wine was excellent, though. Not knowing anything about the local wines, I was taking recommendations and doubtless being thoroughly ripped off, but since the most I paid for a bottle was about 45 quid I can't have been ripped off that badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are you not out #raging, p?

I'm distressed by the lack of #ragers.
    I don't have a lot of rage these days. And it is far too hot for any of that nonsense.

Beer was nice. Wine was excellent, though. Not knowing anything about the local wines, I was taking recommendations and doubtless being thoroughly ripped off, but since the most I paid for a bottle was about 45 quid I can't have been ripped off that badly.
    I recall drinking one of the finest, crisp whites I have ever experienced in Romania. I must have been a bit pissed to order it.

I don't have a lot of rage these days. And it is far too hot for any of that nonsense.
    You have become positively bourgeois, p. Class traitor!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You have become positively bourgeois, p. Class traitor!
    The ****er probably owns property too. World's gone right mad, innit