Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: wd The Govt and the property developers that have just made 68 flats available in

Like winning the lottery imo.

Surely you'd just sell your flat and move to something cheaper.

Also if you're moving into a £1.5m plus apartment then wtf is £5000 going to do...can't wipe my arse with that imo

Also I take it that they will all be council tax exempt?!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A few quid to shut up and fùck off back to invisibility is fine. But this, as you say, is taking the pîss. Particularly when you consider the payouts they're likely to get - not to mention the endless claims of PTSD and black lung that naturally mean they can't work because reasons and end up being a burden to us all forever and ever amen.

I need to stop now. I'm just angrifying myself.
    Cost price my arse, it'll be whatever number they had in their mind to sell them at. Housing developers are not in this for the love of it

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Cost price my arse, it'll be whatever number they had in their mind to sell them at. Housing developers are not in this for the love of it
    Well as I pointed out, there really isn't such a thing as 'cost price' on property - not least because the value of the land on which it sits fluctuates. There is the cost of the land when bought, the costs of demolition, construction and outfitting - all of which are specified based on a certain minimum return on the investment. This means that the eventual anticipated return affects the nature and size of the costs incurred. All in all, it sounds like bôllocks to me. No-one can tell me that these developers are only just breaking even on this deal - and neither should they.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    And each resident being given £5,500.

Does this mean we can all cancel our buildings and contents insurance? I assume this is now the norm?
    That gives me an idea.