Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: wd The Govt and the property developers that have just made 68 flats available in

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Bought at cost price.... so nice to see how AWIMB have reacted to this... ****ing joke some of the people on here
    Own up. If you had shelled out to live in there you would be ****ing fuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    My girlfriend called them noisy which they reported as nosey and which is being interpreted as anti semitic. Apart from the fact that it wouldn't constitute anti Semitism even if she had said it, it also ignores the facts that a) they are not jewish and b) my girlfriend is! The copper seemed genuinely dismayed when we pointed this out.
    When did the police become obsessed with enforcing political correctness? They used to be famously racist, sexist and homophobic. These days it must be like being arrested by a Student Union president.

You know who I blame for this, don't you, p? Hint: You treasure your correspondence with the blank-eyed cyclepath.

Own up. If you had shelled out to live in there you would be ****ing fuming.
    I should imagine they are pissed off.... hard to see what the council/govt should do, they need to re-home them (as they are all council house residents) so to move this quickly is actually a shock.

As a side point, have any of these flats actually been moved into yet by the non council residents?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

My girlfriend called them noisy which they reported as nosey and which is being interpreted as anti semitic. Apart from the fact that it wouldn't constitute anti Semitism even if she had said it, it also ignores the facts that a) they are not jewish and b) my girlfriend is! The copper seemed genuinely dismayed when we pointed this out.
    Mind you, some Allans have big bugles as well, don't they? Those Saudi lads can be possessed of quite the conk. Not that I can talk, what with my Irish potato-like snout

Quote Originally Posted by the splendor of antigone View Post
    I was shocked coming to London. Compared to Scandinavia this has been like a vacation in a tropical climate. The girls here are right minging, though. Mind you, that might be a reflection of the ****e neighbourhood I'm in.
    Do you live up north? Northern women tend to be quite flabby and pasty, in my limited experience of the breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Do you live up north? Northern women tend to be quite flabby and pasty, in my limited experience of the breed.
    I shall be sure to let my wife know your feelings on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I shall be sure to let my wife know your feelings on this matter.
    'Tend', I said. 'Tend'. I'm not the sort of racist to who makes sweeping generalisations.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    When did the police become obsessed with enforcing political correctness? They used to be famously racist, sexist and homophobic. These days it must be like being arrested by a Student Union president.

You know who I blame for this, don't you, p? Hint: You treasure your correspondence with the blank-eyed cyclepath.
    For once I have to agree. Blair passed a law that means you can be convicted of racial aggrevation if the victim feels racially abused. They don't even have to prove that it was.

In this instance he backed off after a ten minute conversation with me and two minute phone call with my lawyer who informed him that one more utterance of racist accusation would result in a lawsuit and a complaint about police harassment.

Its great when your girlfriend's uncle runs a top law firm

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I should imagine they are pissed off.... hard to see what the council/govt should do, they need to re-home them (as they are all council house residents) so to move this quickly is actually a shock.

As a side point, have any of these flats actually been moved into yet by the non council residents?
    They're not ready according to the BBC.

They're not ready according to the BBC.
    Will be intereting to see if anyone who has put a deposit down and now wants to back out would get their money back???
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar