Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wd The Govt and the property developers that have just made 68 flats available in

wd The Govt and the property developers that have just made 68 flats available in

Kensington.. all bouight at cost price
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Kensington.. all bouight at cost price
    And each resident being given £5,500.

Does this mean we can all cancel our buildings and contents insurance? I assume this is now the norm?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Does this mean we can all cancel our buildings and contents insurance? I assume this is now the norm?
    You assume they even had contents insurance... they wouldn't have had building as they didn't own the flats did they?

PS, wasn't it each family being given £5,500 not per person?

I'm sure this is all very splendid and whatnot, but I'm struggling to see how me having to pay for it is a good plan, to be honest.

Surely these people will all end up being due a simply enormous payout from the landlords or whoever else is eventually deemed blameworthy? Why is the taxpayer having to bear the burden?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm sure this is all very splendid and whatnot, but I'm struggling to see how me having to pay for it is a good plan, to be honest.

Surely these people will all end up being due a simply enormous payout from the landlords or whoever else is eventually deemed blameworthy? Why is the taxpayer having to bear the burden?
    They'll also probably refuse to move out

Well you could argue that tax payers pay for all council housing.. so in effect you were paying for the original flats

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    They'll also probably refuse to move out
    As far as I'm aware these are the new permanent homes for them

Its five grand you tight ****. The insurance wont pay out for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well you could argue that tax payers pay for all council housing.. so in effect you were paying for the original flats
    Yes, I was. And now I'm going to be paying for a bunch of even more expensive ones. This seems a bit unfair on me, tbh. I didn't set the bloody place on fire. I've never even been there.