Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Imagine standing around in riot gear for hours in this heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Surely that would make you highly irritable, so that when confronted by some unwashed moron with dreads spitting abuse at you, your natural reaction would be to baton the **** half dead?

Please?
    They should 'carry a bottle of water'
    This is the helpful advice they give you on trains or the tube.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Shirley, being in a large, pre-planned crowd in central London is making oneself a bit of a 'target', at the moment. Despite a large Police presence.

But, no doubt the rent-a-mob brigade will be out in in full force with their scarves around their faces and bricks in hand.
    I have to say, it would take a fúcking heart of stone not to shít your pants with laughter if a bunch of lefty apologists got blown up by Allans.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I have to say, it would take a fúcking heart of stone not to shít your pants with laughter if a bunch of lefty apologists got blown up by Allans.
    The anniversary for Utøya is fast approaching. Have you put the champagne on ice?

Why not have a Day of Soap?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Why not have a Day of Soap?
    Or better still, a Day of Soup. A nice chilled soup for this weather. A gazpacho, perhaps. I once made b a chilled crab and melon soup, that was nice and refreshing.

I occasionally have a yearning for the King of chilled soups, the Vichysoisse. Makes me wonder why I don't just fúcking make some.

I put chilli in my gazpacho, gives it a nice tingle. Ever had salmorejo or ajo blanco?

I once poured myself a bowl of liquidy mayonnaise at a buffet, thinking it was vichysoisse.

I put chilli in my gazpacho, gives it a nice tingle. Ever had salmorejo or ajo blanco?

I once poured myself a bowl of liquidy mayonnaise at a buffet, thinking it was vichysoisse.
    Samorejo no, ajo blanco yes.

Chilled soups are underrated. Perhaps a chilled soup restaurant in Shoreditch might be the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    What's a lefty apologist?

I think you've got your pejoratives in a tangle there, Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Samorejo no, ajo blanco yes.

Chilled soups are underrated. Perhaps a chilled soup restaurant in Shoreditch might be the way forward.
    http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/salmorejo-cordob-s

This recipe features serrano ham and kosher salt. Go figure.

Can't move for Salmorejo in Seville. Put it on everything if you let them.