Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodness me, I can just imagine some of the teeth clenching and hysterical rage

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    You speak as though it's our fault you took over Ireland but only gave part of it back. We just live here.
    It's a decision I've never really understood, n. It's not like you had gold, or oil, or something useful worth nicking.

Bit of an error on the old emperialist front, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    You speak as though it's our fault you took over Ireland but only gave part of it back. We just live here.
    I don't think Sir C is quite that old, tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I don't think Sir C is quite that old, tbf.
    Kind of you, a.

You guys speak as if you don't know your history. The reason the Brits didn't give back Northern Ireland was that a big majority didn't want to be given back and there would have been carnage, tens of thousands of deaths at least, if they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    You guys speak as if you don't know your history. The reason the Brits didn't give back Northern Ireland was that a big majority didn't want to be given back and there would have been carnage, tens of thousands of deaths at least, if they had.
    ****ing faggot

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I will be up the weekend after next once the football season has ended, I will see what I can do.
    The football season ended quite a few weeks ago with our glorious FA Cup win. Or are you referring to your managerial career?

Yes, the North East of Ireland was mainly Protestant, Unionist people due to the plantation. That's why they didn't give it back imo.
    The creation of Northern Ireland, gerrymandering, oppression of Catholics, civil rights, 30 odd years of violence & now peace. 400 years summed up in a paragraph.

I'm glad they didn't give it back. Northern Ireland wasn't expected to last. But the Unionist government made it work and it's still here. Steve Williams OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by the splendor of antigone View Post
    ****ing faggot
    Yer dad is a?

Yer dad is a?
    Sorry Mo, I just felt a visceral hatred when I saw your name despite not (consciously) remembering why you engender such hostility within me. I'm sure I'll be reminded soon enough though

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    that will come out of the Leave voters as reality slowly but surely sets in.

Speaking alongside the governor, Philip Hammond said that no-one voted for Brexit to become poorer.

He also made it clear that he wants to put the economy at the heart of the Brexit negotiations.

Rather than sovereignty or controlling immigration, which are the issues likely to motivate other colleagues in the Cabinet and certainly in the Conservative Party.

The tensions are clear.

The chancellor - strengthened since the general election - gave the greatest detail yet about what his approach might mean for our future relationship with the EU.

Yes, as he said at the weekend, the UK will be leaving the customs union.

But he made the case for a new form of customs agreement with "current border arrangements" - which presumably means agreeing to some form of EU oversight for some years following Britain's exit from the union.

It is nailing down this "transition" or "implementation" period which is important for many businesses.

Some will be relieved that both Mr Carney and Mr Hammond are calling for Britain to play a longer game when it comes to the Brexit process.

Others may fear that tying the UK formally to the EU after Britain leaves the union in March 2019 could mean, for a few years of transition at least, Brexit does not, quite, mean Brexit.

In the words of General Melchett the leave voter will resort to.....

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman