Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whilst ugly, ungainly and phenomenally common, Peter Crouch is actually

Whilst ugly, ungainly and phenomenally common, Peter Crouch is actually

quite an amusing chap on occasion.

https://twitter.com/petercrouch/stat...46713163718656

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, he does a decent line in self-deprecating humour.

He's also not averse to throwing potentially leg-breaking tackles around, of course. Which is less funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

He's also not averse to throwing potentially leg-breaking tackles around, of course. Which is less funny.
    Really? I've not noticed him ever really doing anything other than lurking in the box like a spastic looking to nod one in.

I would have thought his legs would be the first to break in any collision if I'm honest. Also, I believe he has a rather attractive but extremely vulgar scouser for a wife.

That, I'm afraid, is the extent of my Peter Crouch knowledge. Perhaps big nose has an anecdote for us.

BTW Friday is Barrafina day, followed by a play called The Goat.

I believe the tortilla morceau (sp), suckling pig and some salad with pear were your recommendations? What of wine? Do they have a decent wine list or should we just do a drinkable rose or sparkling wine?

I believe the tortilla morceau (sp), suckling pig and some salad with pear were your recommendations? What of wine? Do they have a decent wine list or should we just do a drinkable rose or sparkling wine?
    Tortilla morcilla. Don't neglect the specials board, naturally - especially seafood from the josper grill.

The wine list is entirely Spanish so I always ask the advice of the sommelier. I've never been disappointed, but then I've never encountered wine I didn't enjoy.

****. Me.

Jesus is crying somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    ****. Me.

Jesus is crying somewhere.
    Not a bad choice for lunchtime if the weather's very hot. The French drink it with ice cubes. Refreshing and doesn't really count as alcohol.

Not a bad choice for lunchtime if the weather's very hot. The French drink it with ice cubes. Refreshing and doesn't really count as alcohol.
    Anything served with ice and less than 12% vol can be consumed guilt free.

Tastes like fúcking pish mind you, which is a drawback.

Couldn't give two fúcks what the French do either if pushed. I saw people drinking cider with ice cubes the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Tastes like fúcking pish mind you, which is a drawback.

Couldn't give two fúcks what the French do either if pushed. I saw people drinking cider with ice cubes the other day.
    Yeah but the Irish started that - heathens