Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Parliament on lockdown, armed man, police, gunpoint, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ooh, you sound like a beardy, sandal-wearing liberal when you go into CAMRA mode. You are Dr Headgear and I claim my five pounds.

Ale in winter, lager in summer imo. And while we make good ales, the furrins generally make better lagers (with exceptions like Camden Hells and Korev)
    Oh, I have no beef with proper furrin lagers. I'll even drink them reasonably happily myself when I'm in some benighted country where proper ale is unavailable.
    The issue I have is all this UK-brewed, hand-pumped fizz, most of which tastes exactly the same. And, hilariously, the punters pay more for this stuff, which is cheaper to produce and keep, than they do for real ales. Eeejits.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I have no beef with proper furrin lagers. I'll even drink them reasonably happily myself when I'm in some benighted country where proper ale is unavailable.
    The issue I have is all this UK-brewed, hand-pumped fizz, most of which tastes exactly the same. And, hilariously, the punters pay more for this stuff, which is cheaper to produce and keep, than they do for real ales. Eeejits.
    "brewed under licence in the UK..."

Now that is taking the piss. I suppose Peroni is still imported. As is the majority of Heineken.

San Miguel, produced in Leeds or Northanmpton?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    San Miguel, produced in Leeds or Northanmpton?
    Still better than the Kroney made in Luton.

Were you the one who chased off Jorge? Where is he imo*? Was it the whole Brexit business?

*I take it we still use 'imo' gratuitously

Quote Originally Posted by the splendor of antigone View Post
    Were you the one who chased off Jorge? Where is he imo*? Was it the whole Brexit business?

Point of etiquette: We don't use tree view in the same way as we used to. In fact some of us don't use it at all. So if you could be so kind as to use the Reply With Quote button that would be *fabulous*.

And no, we don't abuse 'imo' quite as brutally as your example these days. Jorge (PBUI) is now stationed on social media firing out his campaign messages. I gather.

I may have to put my hand up here. Jorge and I had a somewhat heated exchange over Brexit. Let's just say that some things were said (I forget the details) and j decided to jog on.

We still use your mum imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Absolute :baghead: imo. But honestly, what the ****. Can't wait to read that thread. I'll reserve judgment (sic) until then

well played
    Press reply with Quote you ****
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar