Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have developed a habit of speeding on the motorway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    95 is a bit quick, though unless the place is empty. When you need to pull out to get past a middle-lane slowcoach and someone's closing at that speed it's not good imo. If everyone drove at 80 on the motorway it would be better I reckon.
    I can't even drive, but my glw does. Around the turn of the century we were going to a free tekno festival (Teknival) in Holland in our really cheap Beemer 323i. (Got it from Rude Mercs/Rude Beemers in Hackney. They tarted up German motors for ragga drug dealers. Cos about £800.)

Missus driving, me in the front, two male mates in the back. Come off the ferry about 2am. Dunno if you know the road north from there but there's no payage, no cameras, really deserted etc.

It was really foggy so my beloved says she doesn't want any male egos, she will just follow the lights of the next car that overtakes, which she does.

Got the Joey Beltram tape on. Energy Flash is playing. Completely empty road in the fog with no motorway lights. After a bit, I look at the speedo and I say "Babe, we're doing 125." She says "That must be Kilometres per hour." "Er, no, babe, kms says just short of 200."

"Well **** it" says she, "I feel safer following him in this fog."

Eventually he pulls into a service station and we follow. We get out, 3 male crusty ravers looking like the dirty squatters we are. And my glw looking fairly chic as usual. He's got some brand spanking new top of the range Beemer. He looks at us, looks and my missus and gives her a polite nod. He even waited for us to get back into the car before driving off.

Think we went our separate ways around Antwerp.

Best car drive of my life. We all fell in love with that Joey Beltram Energy Flash. The tape was on auto-reverse and every time we heard it we knew we were 90 mins closer to the party. Only heard it 3 times by the time we got there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSwI2AFlki4

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    drives me mental and seems very common.

Or 2 lorries side by side that's always fun.
    Had some ****ing clown pull out in front of me today doing 70mph and slowly overtaking. I was probably doing 90 or so but had to slam the anchors on. ****ing moronic driver with no spatial awareness.

As you say, cars are too fast. Mine will happily sit at 120 and is quiet, smooth, stable. If you couldn't see the speedo you would think it was 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Had some ****ing clown pull out in front of me today doing 70mph and slowly overtaking. I was probably doing 90 or so but had to slam the anchors on. ****ing moronic driver with no spatial awareness.

As you say, cars are too fast. Mine will happily sit at 120 and is quiet, smooth, stable. If you couldn't see the speedo you would think it was 80.
    Exactly the same with that £800 beemer we had. It seems like it's kms but it's really mph.

We've only had a few cars. All the rest were total ****ters. £140 318i, a 1.1l hatchback for a few hundred. We drove round Europe in our Ford Cargo truck for years. £1,500. Top speed of 55mph. Great living vehicle. Raised double bed, Ikea settee, and we paid someone to build in a fitted kitchen and wood burner. Battery with AC inverter for lights and plug sockets.

You wouldn't have woried about us pulling out in front. Slow lane only.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

In which lane were you when you were exceeding the speed limit by 20mph?