Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have developed a habit of speeding on the motorway.

I have developed a habit of speeding on the motorway.

Not because I am sort of speed freak. I think it's more I want to get off this motorway as soon as possible.
    70 seems slow. it's weird I used to be nervous about this sort of thing.
    I was driving home on the M11 last night was pretty clear and look down and I am doing 95 most of the time. I was surprised I reached the M25 so quickly.

I am not proud of this it just seems to have happened. I am sure if I get a ticket or kill someone/myself that will be the lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Not because I am sort of speed freak. I think it's more I want to get off this motorway as soon as possible.
    I was driving home on the M11 last night was pretty clear and look down and I am doing 95 most of the time. I was surprised I reached the M25 so quickly.

I am not proud of this it just seems to have happened. I am sure if I get a ticket or kill someone/myself that will be the lesson learned.
    You're doing nothing wrong P, it's the ****ty limit that needs changing. I think it was set in the 19 ****ing 60's!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    You're doing nothing wrong P, it's the ****ty limit that needs changing. I think it was set in the 19 ****ing 60's!
    Plus it's the cars fault for being able to go so fast.

I go by the unwritten ten miles over the limit rule here and keep it at a steady 75 . The troopers leave you alone then . 85 if im feeling a litttle road ragey and some **** is not moving out of the left lane . If i crank it to 90 mph my truck starts to rattle like the space shuttle on take off . Never had a speeding ticket either . Well , not one i didnt have fixed

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    95 is a bit quick, though unless the place is empty. When you need to pull out to get past a middle-lane slowcoach and someone's closing at that speed it's not good imo. If everyone drove at 80 on the motorway it would be better I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    95 is a bit quick, though unless the place is empty. When you need to pull out to get past a middle-lane slowcoach and someone's closing at that speed it's not good imo. If everyone drove at 80 on the motorway it would be better I reckon.
    drives me mental and seems very common.

Or 2 lorries side by side that's always fun.

drives me mental and seems very common.

Or 2 lorries side by side that's always fun.
    That's the one. Two lanes of lorries going at 60 and 61 miles per hour and one lane of cars doing 90+. Ugh.
    I hate motorway driving unless it's empty. Every moment feels like a battle to stay alive (and awake) while trying, as you say, to get off it as soon as possible. Coming back from Cornwall the other week, and the M5 was getting too congested so we came off and drove through Somerset. Glorious drive past Glastonbury and lovely countryside, then back on the motorway near Swindon for the grind back into town.

That's the one. Two lanes of lorries going at 60 and 61 miles per hour and one lane of cars doing 90+. Ugh.
    I hate motorway driving unless it's empty. Every moment feels like a battle to stay alive (and awake) while trying, as you say, to get off it as soon as possible. Coming back from Cornwall the other week, and the M5 was getting too congested so we came off and drove through Somerset. Glorious drive past Glastonbury and lovely countryside, then back on the motorway near Swindon for the grind back into town.
    That is the M11 past Stansted. Massive pain in the arse all the way into Cambridgeshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That is the M11 past Stansted. Massive pain in the arse all the way into Cambridgeshire.
    Where it turns into the A14. Another king-sized pain in the arse...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Once I was coming home late on the M25 and it was pretty empty and there 3 lorries in all 3 lanes like some rolling ro*******.
    thats road block. stupid awimb