Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another thing has struck me. How will the rather splendid Ruth Davidson, leader of

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The only thing making it funnier, from the popcorn-munching perspective, would be if the whole thing also depended on Sinn Fein not taking up their seats. Or does it already? I haven't done the mathematic.
    I'm not sure, as the speaker can't vote either, so in fact 323 is the magic number, I think.

Anyway, the Shinners can hardly break a century-long position and suddenly decide they do recognise the authority of the British Parliament after all, can they? The oath to the Queen would be tricky for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm not sure, as the speaker can't vote either, so in fact 323 is the magic number, I think.

Anyway, the Shinners can hardly break a century-long position and suddenly decide they do recognise the authority of the British Parliament after all, can they? The oath to the Queen would be tricky for a start.
    If the voters of Canterbury can break a century-long position all bets are off imo.

Especially if it pissed the DUP off.

Very true. New fave fact from the election - the Green Party has more leaders than MPs

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Very true. New fave fact from the election - the Green Party has more leaders than MPs
    My favourite image is of Jez sexually assaulting Emily Thornberry.

https://twitter.com/_youhadonejob1/s...22022032723968

I wouldn't put it past Bercow to vote against the Tories.

I hardly think it counts as a prediction to say that a coalition between a reasonably progressive, broad church tory party and a bunch of frothing-at-the-mouth hardcore protestant loons may have some insurmountable difficulties, p.
    Historically they have always been the best of friends, b. And you know it.

Progressive .... fox hunting, grammar schools, back to basics, the three R's........ you really are on form today

Irrelevant. Cons and DUP are at 328 so a small majority regardless.

To consider the three rs regressive is to consider churning out illiterates with no skills or education as "progressive". Easier to control is what makes them "progressive" so they can't catch out progressive nincompoops lack of numeracy.

My favourite image is of Jez sexually assaulting Emily Thornberry.

https://twitter.com/_youhadonejob1/s...22022032723968
    Can't be the first time he has felt a right tit recently, though

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Can't be the first time he has felt a right tit recently, though
    vg.

Might have been revenge for her describing the manifesto as the 'star of the campaign' earlier. Surely no leader who thinks he's played a good ninety wants to hear that.