Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why this presumption that youngsters will always vote Left?

Why this presumption that youngsters will always vote Left?

I mean, I was young once
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I mean, I was young once
    They are mouthy. and lefties are mouthy.

Plus the generations before me are all wimpy social justice types. Bunch of soppy cunds.

I mean, I was young once
    I got through my lefty phase before I reached voting age, thankfully. Exposure to the early manifestations of politically correct campus culture in the early 90s ensured I leaned right and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I got through my lefty phase before I reached voting age, thankfully. Exposure to the early manifestations of politically correct campus culture in the early 90s ensured I leaned right and never looked back.
    So what is conservative politics doing wrong then? Or is the lefty youth vote actually just fake news and there is no such thing?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

So what is conservative politics doing wrong then? Or is the lefty youth vote actually just fake news and there is no such thing?
    I'd guess charging for going through Uni' didn't help.... Labour offering free school meals for Primary School kids
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    They are mouthy. and lefties are mouthy.

Plus the generations before me are all wimpy social justice types. Bunch of soppy cunds.
    Mouthy doesn't also mean stupid though, does it? Or does it

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I'd guess charging for going through Uni' didn't help.... Labour offering free school meals for Primary School kids
    OK, but that didn't help them much in Henley, for example. Labour still got battered, although they put up a slightly better fight than last time.

I don't think conservative politics is doing anything wrong per se. You've just seen a backlash against a backlash, I think.

Theresa May got this election horribly, horribly wrong. It was too soon after Brexit, so all those resentments were still near the surface, plus she thought she could win by just sitting back and letting the Labour party's incompetence do her work for her. As a result, Labour narratives were allowed to dominate the news agenda.

Now what we're left with is a result that suits absolutely no-one.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't think conservative politics is doing anything wrong per se. You've just seen a backlash against a backlash, I think.

Theresa May got this election horribly, horribly wrong. It was too soon after Brexit, so all those resentments were still near the surface, plus she thought she could win by just sitting back and letting the Labour party's incompetence do her work for her. As a result, Labour narratives were allowed to dominate the news agenda.

Now what we're left with is a result that suits absolutely no-one.
    Tactical error allowing MPs a free vote in the referendum, to vote with their consciences? Once again Europe robs us of the big, colourful blonde leader the country seems to expect to get and is not happy being fobbed off with shades of grey

Thing is, I've always voted Conservative because my dad did and I believe my sons (will) do the same. Where is everyone else going wrong (according to perceptions, at least)?

I mean, I was young once
    Not all of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA0qQZfbDak