Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this Brexit actually ever going to happen?

Is this Brexit actually ever going to happen?

I suspect it will be delayed and delayed until someone gets in and promises 2nd referendum and remain will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I suspect it will be delayed and delayed until someone gets in and promises 2nd referendum and remain will win.
    Perhaps this was the plan all along? Mrs May was staunchly remain last year. Bring back Boris imo

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Perhaps this was the plan all along? Mrs May was staunchly remain last year. Bring back Boris imo
    I have thought that, tbh. I am a remainer so am hopeful that whatever coalition is formed will result in a softer Brexit/final vote on terms of Brexit. The fact of the matter is that the young people that will build the wealth of this country in the years to come voted massively to remain part of the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    She wasn't staunchly remain or she wouldn't have hidden away through the entire referendum. And Boris wasn't really for Leave - it was just political opportunism that made him go that way

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I have thought that, tbh. I am a remainer so am hopeful that whatever coalition is formed will result in a softer Brexit/final vote on terms of Brexit. The fact of the matter is that the young people that will build the wealth of this country in the years to come voted massively to remain part of the EU.
    From a % standpoint that is true, the problem is that far too few of the lazy f*ckers actually voted.

Unlike last night when they came out for Jeremy Corbyn in droves

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think that assumes that the EU actually want Britain back in, which I think might not be as straightforward as some might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren's Dodgy Denim View Post
    I think that assumes that the EU actually want Britain back in, which I think might not be as straightforward as some might think.
    Oh, they certainly do want the UK back in. For start, somebody has to help the Germans pay for it all.

Also, along with France, Britain is one of the few members that has a long-standing, traditional, genuinely global outlook. And outreach.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh, they certainly do want the UK back in. For start, somebody has to help the Germans pay for it all.
    I have been told that May was expecting to have to pay something like a hundred billion of our sterlings to get the divorce settlement she was looking for, such is the fury of all the countries who are used to all our monies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I have been told that May was expecting to have to pay something like a hundred billion of our sterlings to get the divorce settlement she was looking for, such is the fury of all the countries who are used to all our monies.
    Makes sense to me.

Also, I've been told that Greece is sitting on a limitless supply of untapped fossil fuel, for which the Germans have deceitfully bantered them out of the future rights.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Makes sense to me.

Also, I've been told that Greece is sitting on a limitless supply of untapped fossil fuel, for which the Germans have deceitfully bantered them out of the future rights.
    My word. Those teutonic fiends! Sounds exactly like The Final Cut - series three of the Francis Urqhart House of Cards.