Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So 41% of the population were seriously prepared to countenance the possibilty

So 41% of the population were seriously prepared to countenance the possibilty

that the UK could be goiverned by a Cabinet comprised of Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott and Thornberry.

41%. Consider that for a moment. 41%.

If that doesn't scare the living bejesus out of you, you're a stronger man than I.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    that the UK could be goiverned by a Cabinet comprised of Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott and Thornberry.

If that doesn't scare the living bejesus out of you, you're a stronger man than I.
    As Luis Anaconda showed us, there is part of that 41% that would not have voted for Labour had they thought there was any chance of Corbyn being elected. How much is hard to say but I'm guessing it isn't small.

Still, even a third of the country voting for that incompetent halfwit is pretty frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    As Luis Anaconda showed us, there is part of that 41% that would not have voted for Labour had they thought there was any chance of Corbyn being elected. How much is hard to say but I'm guessing it isn't small.

Still, even a third of the country voting for that incompetent halfwit is pretty frightening.
    I know this might be hard to believe, but perhaps they voted for labour because the policy's they suggested were in fact better than the ones the Tory party want...... helping the poor, more Police, better care for the disabled and elderly, taxing people who earn over 80k a year more...... perhaps that is why they younger people wanted to vote for them, and others are fed up with a party trying to steamroll the population with unpopular policy's

It isn't that 41% of the population are mental, which is what certain people on here suggest
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Yeah, in a civilised country, it really shouldn't make any difference who the leaders are. For the people, I mean.

It's not supposed to be like Zimbabwe or somewhere.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

That is the the really scary bit, Yes. One must assume it was mostly young people, from whom one can only expect irresponsible idiocy. It's the grown-ups who voted for him who scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I know this might be hard to believe, but perhaps they voted for labour because the policy's they suggested were in fact better than the ones the Tory party want...... helping the poor, more Police, better care for the disabled and elderly, taxing people who earn over 80k a year more...... perhaps that is why they younger people wanted to vote for them, and others are fed up with a party trying to steamroll the population with unpopular policy's

It isn't that 41% of the population are mental, which is what certain people on here suggest
    The younger people would've most likely been voting for two reasons. Brexit backlash and university fees. Let's not pretend young people give a **** about anyone but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That is the the really scary bit, Yes. One must assume it was mostly young people, from whom one can only expect irresponsible idiocy. It's the grown-ups who voted for him who scare me.
    Labour's campaigning in my area was ridiculous. Apart from all the leaflets I received, even last night they put more through my door and were knocking on the door, At the train station they stuck their leaflets in my face.

Aggressive campaigning. Worked as they won Enfield Southgate and now Bambos is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    The younger people would've most likely been voting for two reasons. Brexit backlash and university fees. Let's not pretend young people give a **** about anyone but themselves.
    I would suggest that most people that vote don't give a **** about anyone but themselves
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post

'Policies', old chap. It's the plural form you seek. 'Policy's' would be the singular possessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Same for grown-ups, to be fair. As B said, the difference is at least youngsters have an excuse.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."