Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can anybody confirm or deny whether a certain holy book

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ta. Some eye-popping stuff on there.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/at...aspx?Yr=Last30

During the last 30 days, there were 186 Islamic attacks in 27 countries, in which 1529 people were killed and 1788 injured.
    I must admit the number surprised me - though their definition of terror attacks is quite wide:
    "A pregnant woman is burnt alive by her family for marrying a Hindu man."

Horrific, yes but not exactly terrorism. Nor is the stabbing in Germany it mentions

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, I was remembering the descaler that came with it and wondering if that was required. I hope your coffee doesn't subsequently taste of chemicals.
    A barman at a pub I used to drink at dropped dead one day after pulling himself a sneaky pint after the pipes had been cleaned but not flushed properly.
    Last edited by Ash; 06-08-2017 at 12:59 PM.

A barman at a pub I used to drink at dropped dead one day after pulling himself a sneaky pint after the pipes has been cleaned but not flushed properly.
    Bin it. Get a new won.

It's not worth your life, a.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I must admit the number surprised me - though their definition of terror attacks is quite wide:
    "A pregnant woman is burnt alive by her family for marrying a Hindu man."

Horrific, yes but not exactly terrorism. Nor is the stabbing in Germany it mentions
    "A father of two is stabbed to death by two Muslims for smoking during Ramadan and refusing to fast."

Enforcing islamic law with lethal violence isn't terrorism?

What about the neighbour who was stealing your bin space?
    I flushed him down the bath plughole
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

"A father of two is stabbed to death by two Muslims for smoking during Ramadan and refusing to fast."

Enforcing islamic law with lethal violence isn't terrorism?
    Argument between two people escalating into violence. Terrorism surely suggests an element of planning rather than a random act of anger, surely. Also only one person was stabby - the story I read had a rather different take

What about the neighbour who was stealing your bin space?
    That seemed to end,

Argument between two people escalating into violence. Terrorism surely suggests an element of planning rather than a random act of anger, surely. Also only one person was stabby - the story I read had a rather different take
    Ok. Let's subtract 1 from that which leaves just the 1,528 people killed in the last month. As for the pregnant woman burned alive by her own family for marrying a Hindu, maybe that isn't the best example of how a website might be exaggerating appalling murders carried out in the name of Islam.

EDIT: Unless, of course, it is untrue.
    Last edited by Ash; 06-08-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Ok. Let's subtract 1 from that which leaves just the 1,528 people killed in the last month. As for the pregnant woman burned alive by her own family for marrying a Hindu, maybe that isn't the best example of how a website might be exaggerating appalling murders carried out in the name of Islam.
    If they just lump any old murder in and call it terrorism, they are undermining their own case - inaccuracy is inaccuracy.

One thing I would also say, is while the murderers claim to carry out these crimes in the name of Islam, quite a large percentage of those killed are in fact Muslims - presumably peace-loving ones, so the overriding tone of damning the whole religion is rather disrespectful as well.

If they just lump any old murder in and call it terrorism, they are undermining their own case - inaccuracy is inaccuracy.

One thing I would also say, is while the murderers claim to carry out these crimes in the name of Islam, quite a large percentage of those killed are in fact Muslims - presumably peace-loving ones, so the overriding tone of damning the whole religion is rather disrespectful as well.
    Sorry? You're saying that you can't blame the whole religion for muslims killing muslims, even though the reason muslims kill other muslims is because one group of muslims has deemed another group of muslims to have deviated from the true religion, which is punishable by death ACCORDING TO THE F*CKING RELIGION?