Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Can anybody confirm or deny whether a certain holy book

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    instructs its followers on ~109 occasions to 'kill the infidels wherever you find them' or words to that effect? I read this somewhere recently and it sounds like a very high number, and was wondering if it has been made up by malicious people trying to cast aspersions on a religion of peace.

I ask if anyone knows about this because I don't really want to start typing "death to infidels" into a search engine.
    Entering Quran 109 gets you this - lots of links to Spiked there so I think you'll take it as gospel, so to speak
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa.../violence.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ta. Some eye-popping stuff on there.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/at...aspx?Yr=Last30

During the last 30 days, there were 186 Islamic attacks in 27 countries, in which 1529 people were killed and 1788 injured.

Ta. Some eye-popping stuff on there.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/at...aspx?Yr=Last30

During the last 30 days, there were 186 Islamic attacks in 27 countries, in which 1529 people were killed and 1788 injured.
    I must admit the number surprised me - though their definition of terror attacks is quite wide:
    "A pregnant woman is burnt alive by her family for marrying a Hindu man."

Horrific, yes but not exactly terrorism. Nor is the stabbing in Germany it mentions

I must admit the number surprised me - though their definition of terror attacks is quite wide:
    "A pregnant woman is burnt alive by her family for marrying a Hindu man."

Horrific, yes but not exactly terrorism. Nor is the stabbing in Germany it mentions
    "A father of two is stabbed to death by two Muslims for smoking during Ramadan and refusing to fast."

Enforcing islamic law with lethal violence isn't terrorism?

"A father of two is stabbed to death by two Muslims for smoking during Ramadan and refusing to fast."

Enforcing islamic law with lethal violence isn't terrorism?
    Argument between two people escalating into violence. Terrorism surely suggests an element of planning rather than a random act of anger, surely. Also only one person was stabby - the story I read had a rather different take

Argument between two people escalating into violence. Terrorism surely suggests an element of planning rather than a random act of anger, surely. Also only one person was stabby - the story I read had a rather different take
    Ok. Let's subtract 1 from that which leaves just the 1,528 people killed in the last month. As for the pregnant woman burned alive by her own family for marrying a Hindu, maybe that isn't the best example of how a website might be exaggerating appalling murders carried out in the name of Islam.

EDIT: Unless, of course, it is untrue.
    Last edited by Ash; 06-08-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Ok. Let's subtract 1 from that which leaves just the 1,528 people killed in the last month. As for the pregnant woman burned alive by her own family for marrying a Hindu, maybe that isn't the best example of how a website might be exaggerating appalling murders carried out in the name of Islam.
    If they just lump any old murder in and call it terrorism, they are undermining their own case - inaccuracy is inaccuracy.

One thing I would also say, is while the murderers claim to carry out these crimes in the name of Islam, quite a large percentage of those killed are in fact Muslims - presumably peace-loving ones, so the overriding tone of damning the whole religion is rather disrespectful as well.