Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody confirm or deny whether a certain holy book

Can anybody confirm or deny whether a certain holy book

instructs its followers on ~109 occasions to 'kill the infidels wherever you find them' or words to that effect? I read this somewhere recently and it sounds like a very high number, and was wondering if it has been made up by malicious people trying to cast aspersions on a religion of peace.

I ask if anyone knows about this because I don't really want to start typing "death to infidels" into a search engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    instructs its followers on ~109 occasions to 'kill the infidels wherever you find them' or words to that effect? I read this somewhere recently and it sounds like a very high number, and was wondering if it has been made up by malicious people trying to cast aspersions on a religion of peace.

I ask if anyone knows about this because I don't really want to start typing "death to infidels" into a search engine.
    I have been thinking a lot lately not just about terrorism but the communities and people not integrating into society in the UK.

Whilst it's nice to have people from everywhere with different cultures. When you have these segregated communities (not just Muslim) I don't see what this adds to the country. This is even more so when you have a community who's religion is not compatible to the majority of the lifestyle and tradition of the country. Not just 'extremism' but simple things such as covering a woman up.

Why don't you just read it? It's not very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    He might become one of them
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 06-08-2017 at 11:56 AM.

This is the point at which Muslim scholars point out that this was said in the context of a war against those who sought to stop Islam. Of course, that is precisely the war that ISIS claim is constantly ongoing, since any and all unbelievers are an offence to Allah and his followers.

Given he's a supreme being and all and given that the Koran is his word as dictated to Mohammed, you'd have thought Allah could have made himself a bit clearer, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He might become one of them
    Steady on. Bill. That's a bit harsh. I've read thousands of AWIMB posts without becoming a swivel-eyed, right-wing loon.

Entering Quran 109 gets you this - lots of links to Spiked there so I think you'll take it as gospel, so to speak
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa.../violence.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This is the point at which Muslim scholars point out that this was said in the context of a war against those who sought to stop Islam. Of course, that is precisely the war that ISIS claim is constantly ongoing, since any and all unbelievers are an offence to Allah and his followers.

Given he's a supreme being and all and given that the Koran is his word as dictated to Mohammed, you'd have thought Allah could have made himself a bit clearer, really.
    Notoriously vague and fickle entities, yer supreme beings. One minute they are foaming with rage and calling for the smiting of enemies, then next they are on about love and peace. Strong and stable leadership? They're all over the shop.

Is it any good?
    Fvck no. It's dreary b0llocks. It hasn't even got any good stories like the Bible does.

In fact, I can't think of anything less likely to convert you to Allanism than reading the fvcking thing.