Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol is more important than the election, imo. Anyone else become a gin hipster?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My father clearly hadn't been following things and when I told him the next Teashop was going to be a poove he seemed genuinely shocked.

I haven't the heart to tell him he's half Indian as well
    Yes - best save that for another time. I am not sure which one would offend more. Lovely quote from him or his father along the lines of "I got away without facing too much racism because I was a doctor". The Irish love a medical man

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A cold, young jenever with a beer chaser is a fine drink. Known as a 'kopstoot', or kick in the head.
    In general, I've decided I'm too old to be drinking neat spirit. Apart from Cognac, of course, but that doesn't really count.

You should wear your badge with pride. Just as all tory voters should wear Caitlin Moran's 'cvnt' badge with pride.
    I'm normally a fan of young Caitlin but she has me agreeing with Rod Liddle over this, the silly bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    But what tonic do you drink WES, is it that new trendy one, or are you a schweppes man?
    He should go with Canada Dry.

Yes. Fever tree is ace and can enliven even Tesco Value Gin, I imagine. As I say, I'm not saying that different gins don't have different flavours - they clearly do and I have my own preferences (although I'm an old-fashioned Gordon's Export man at the end of the day). However, a lot of the subtleties of the gin do get lost in a mixer and since no-one in their right mind drinks neat gin, I do wonder about the value of these fancier gins.
    My one gripe is that many 'decent' tonics seem to come in impossibly small glass bottles. My G&T glasses consumes around two of these before it's full. Where can I purchase large (2l) bottles of good quality tonic?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    My one gripe is that many 'decent' tonics seem to come in impossibly small glass bottles. My G&T glasses consumes around two of these before it's full. Where can I purchase large (2l) bottles of good quality tonic?
    500ml in Tesco - https://www.tesco.com/groceries/prod...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

In general, I've decided I'm too old to be drinking neat spirit. Apart from Cognac, of course, but that doesn't really count.
    You could do worse than to enjoy a Disaronno over ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    Which part of 2l+ did you fail to understand, MM?

Those small Fever Tree bottles are comfortably enough for a double shot of gin.

You really don't need to make a single G&T with more than two shots of gin, Rich.

You could do worse than to enjoy a Disaronno over ice.
    He's not gay.