Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol is more important than the election, imo. Anyone else become a gin hipster?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    True to some extent, but I do both. Trendy gin and trendy tonic. I use Fever Tree, and I think we favour one that says something about Mediterranean on it.

To be honest, once we start in on the G&Ts things get rather blurry quickly.
    Yes. Fever tree is ace and can enliven even Tesco Value Gin, I imagine. As I say, I'm not saying that different gins don't have different flavours - they clearly do and I have my own preferences (although I'm an old-fashioned Gordon's Export man at the end of the day). However, a lot of the subtleties of the gin do get lost in a mixer and since no-one in their right mind drinks neat gin, I do wonder about the value of these fancier gins.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, as a permanent resident of the United Kingdom and a citizen of a commonwealth country I have every right that a British citizen does other than the right to carry a British passport. I think, anyway. And I certainly have the right to vote.

'Ave it.
    'Permanent' resident?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Fever tree is ace and can enliven even Tesco Value Gin, I imagine. As I say, I'm not saying that different gins don't have different flavours - they clearly do and I have my own preferences (although I'm an old-fashioned Gordon's Export man at the end of the day). However, a lot of the subtleties of the gin do get lost in a mixer and since no-one in their right mind drinks neat gin, I do wonder about the value of these fancier gins.
    I drank neat gin when it was the only thing left in the office the other week. Wasn't as bad as you would think

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    With our shiny new Irish passports can we vote in Irish elections, sir c? They seem to have gone a bit mental over there recently
    My father clearly hadn't been following things and when I told him the next Teashop was going to be a poove he seemed genuinely shocked.

I haven't the heart to tell him he's half Indian as well

I drank neat gin when it was the only thing left in the office the other week. Wasn't as bad as you would think
    I drank it once as a teen. I vomited almost instantly.

With our shiny new Irish passports can we vote in Irish elections, sir c? They seem to have gone a bit mental over there recently
    I couldn't go through with it in the end, la. I tried, I really did, but my conscience wouldn't let me.

Last night on twitter a random communist from Dublin called me a racist bollix.

I have found that the aromatics and tonic you choose go better with some gins than others, as opposed to some of the gins just being fundamentally better.

Silent Pool and orange peel are a wonderful match. With Hendricks and Gin Mare I preferred lime, as an example.

I drank it once as a teen. I vomited almost instantly.
    A cold, young jenever with a beer chaser is a fine drink. Known as a 'kopstoot', or kick in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    'Permanent' resident?
    Until I retire to France and drink red wine until my liver gives out, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I couldn't go through with it in the end, la. I tried, I really did, but my conscience wouldn't let me.

Last night on twitter a random communist from Dublin called me a racist bollix.
    You should wear your badge with pride. Just as all tory voters should wear Caitlin Moran's 'cvnt' badge with pride.