Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol is more important than the election, imo. Anyone else become a gin hipster?

Alcohol is more important than the election, imo. Anyone else become a gin hipster?

I could guzzle G&Ts by the dozen so this trendy gin thing is most pleasant.

I used to drink Hendricks or Tanqueray no. 10 but have discovered a trendy one made near me called Silent Pool. Also bought a bottle of Gin Mare in duty free recently, both excellent.

And I drink them with orange peel, not lemon or lime. And when in Sevilla, they were serving them with a piece of lemon grass and a sprig of rosemary in massive glasses with loads of ice, also quite superb.

Mrs WES and I will vote (Tory of course) at about 8pm tonight and then steam into the trendy G&Ts in our local.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

I used to drink Hendricks or Tanqueray no. 10 but have discovered a trendy one made near me called Silent Pool. Also bought a bottle of Gin Mare in duty free recently, both excellent.

And I drink them with orange peel, not lemon or lime. And when in Sevilla, they were serving them with a piece of lemon grass and a sprig of rosemary in massive glasses with loads of ice, also quite superb.

Mrs WES and I will vote (Tory of course) at about 8pm tonight and then steam into the trendy G&Ts in our local.

But what tonic do you drink WES, is it that new trendy one, or are you a schweppes man?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

The thing I find odd about all this gin hipsterism is that in the context of a gin and tonic, the flavour of the gin is secondary. It's the background alcohol punch underlying the aromatics and the tonic. In fact, I find the quality of the tonic is rather more crucial to a good G&T than the gin itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    But what tonic do you drink WES, is it that new trendy one, or are you a schweppes man?
    It is all about the Fever Tree. Been an absolutely cracking addition to my Personal Account Dealing.

FEVR.jpg

Wait, you get to vote? How come you get to vote? Does this mean I can vote in the Canadian elections? What nonsense is this now, foreigners can't vote in our elections!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The thing I find odd about all this gin hipsterism is that in the context of a gin and tonic, the flavour of the gin is secondary. It's the background alcohol punch underlying the aromatics and the tonic. In fact, I find the quality of the tonic is rather more crucial to a good G&T than the gin itself.
    True to some extent, but I do both. Trendy gin and trendy tonic. I use Fever Tree, and I think we favour one that says something about Mediterranean on it.

To be honest, once we start in on the G&Ts things get rather blurry quickly.

Last time I was in London for meeting, my boss and I put a healthy dent into the menu here

http://www.hotelcaferoyal.com/greenbar

The Caorunn is a very nice drop. Bought Gin Mare back from hols last year - also good. Settled for a bottle of Tanqueray this time. Five pm is gin o'clock in this office

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wait, you get to vote? How come you get to vote? Does this mean I can vote in the Canadian elections? What nonsense is this now, foreigners can't vote in our elections!
    Yes, as a permanent resident of the United Kingdom and a citizen of a commonwealth country I have every right that a British citizen does other than the right to carry a British passport. I think, anyway. And I certainly have the right to vote.

'Ave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Last time I was in London for meeting, my boss and I put a healthy dent into the menu here

http://www.hotelcaferoyal.com/greenbar

The Caorunn is a very nice drop. Bought Gin Mare back from hols last year - also good. Settled for a bottle of Tanqueray this time. Five pm is gin o'clock in this office
    G&Ts in Germany?

Who'd a thunk that? Progress at some level, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    With our shiny new Irish passports can we vote in Irish elections, sir c? They seem to have gone a bit mental over there recently