Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blimey. Iran's just blamed Saudi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One assumes that as well as selling them Typhoons we train their crews? Those Iranians are fúcked.
    Oh yeah. We wouldn't have given them the full training, though, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I suppose you will at least have access to medical alcohol? Could be OK with the right mixer and lots of ice.

The easiest thing to ensure a quick exit would be to 'accidentally' kill the fvcker and do a runner. He's probably a dreadful sort anyway.
    An even more pressing concern is that it is forbidden to arrive in the country under the influence of alcohol. A chap was punished for just this with one year imprisonment and 360 lashes

A question for Sir C: Will aircraft traveling to Saudi be equipped with alcohol, given that it is absolutely forbidden within the country, surely it is also illegal to have it stocked on-board an aircraft?

Or we just leave bits off their Typhoons & be safe in the knowledge that ours are superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    An even more pressing concern is that it is forbidden to arrive in the country under the influence of alcohol. A chap was punished for just this with one year imprisonment and 360 lashes

A question for Sir C: Will aircraft traveling to Saudi be equipped with alcohol, given that it is absolutely forbidden within the country, surely it is also illegal to have it stocked on-board an aircraft?
    In general aircraft stores are considered to be in customs bond and therefore not subject to local regulations, but those fúcking ayrabs are as mental as mince, so your guess is as good as mine.

Well we won't have trained them to be English gentlemen, that's for certain.

Or we just leave bits off their Typhoons & be safe in the knowledge that ours are superior.
    From my dealings with BAE Systems, I'm assured that we always keep the best stuff back just for ourselves and never sell foreign powers fully-capable weapons systems.

In general aircraft stores are considered to be in customs bond and therefore not subject to local regulations, but those fúcking ayrabs are as mental as mince, so your guess is as good as mine.
    They're fvcking surgeons ffs! Surely they can bring as much alcohol as they like for medical purposes? Just pop gin into the bottles and you're away imo.

Ergh - They have even chartered a G6000 from Farnborough for us, so cannot circumvent the issue by flying in via one of the Emirates.

They're fvcking surgeons ffs! Surely they can bring as much alcohol as they like for medical purposes? Just pop gin into the bottles and you're away imo.
    Does that not smack a leetle bit of desperation?

Does that not smack a leetle bit of desperation?
    Talk to me about desperation after eeks of enforced sobriety, mate.